Demand Planner (Maternity leave cover)
We are in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this by ensuring that Patagonia Europe has the appropriate products and level of inventory to meet the targets of our wholesale channels. This means to essentially ensure that we have the right products, right quantity, at the right time, in the right size and colors.
• Determine the demand plan for the wholesale channels to meet the budget.
• Have regular planned meetings with the relevant channel head and merchandiser to gain buy in to demand plan.
• Work closely with the European Merchandising and wholesale channels, to help build the most affective product assortment that is in-line with the global marketing stories.
• Determine quantities to forecast at the style/color/size level based on sales statistics, merchandising, marketing and respective channel sales feedback.
• Provide updated forecasts to meet the global planning deadlines.
• Create and regularly maintain a clear forecast dashboard for management and relevant parties to view.
• Create and monitor over- and undersold at the sell-in stage and communicate forecast accuracy by season, team, style, color and size.
• Create seasonal time curves to optimize product flow and generate sales.
• Build a seasonal assortment plan in 7th online assortment planning tool.
• Manage and upload all forecast information into CDP.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
• Minimum of 3 years of planning experience.
• Bachelor Degree in Business of a related field.
• Fluency in English, other languages are a plus.
• Entrepreneurial mind-set and a pro-active approach to business. Ability to work on own initiative.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Process-oriented with the ability to identify solutions to problems and opportunities by analyzing data.
• Advanced computer skills:
o Excellent Excel capabilities,
o IBM Cognos Business Intelligence,
o 7th online Merchandise and Assortment Planning or similar,
o Microsoft Dynamics AX or other ERP system experience is a plus.
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Used to working in a multi-cultural environment.
• Interest in outdoor sports is a plus.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.