Digital Community Manager
We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by planning, aligning, managing, and executing all campaigns across the Patagonia social media platforms. The Digital Community Manager works closely with the Performance Marketing Manager and is part of the brand team to optimize consumer engagement and build strong online communities through all social media platforms. Essential to the position is the ability to ideate around short and long form content, grow and engage domestic and international audiences and execute digital strategies, ambassador platforms, retail platforms and integrating digital partner platforms and/or video platforms while maintaining brand integrity and consistency.
• Develop monthly goals and content marketing plan.
• Schedule and post daily messages on all digital community platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc).
• Monitor and engage with our network of all social media channels, implement insights and recommendations from monthly report.
• Support the Performance Marketing Manager in building the email calendar. Own and drive the Brand decisions within the email calendar, based on the marketing matrix.
• Work closely with the Performance Marketing Manager to create optimum balance of commercial performance and brand engagement on eu.patagonia.com and across online marketing mix
• Analyse key social and online engagement performance metrics to identify opportunities with significant community impact and report this to the different functions.
• Work with US counterparts in optimizing traffic on social channels.
• Work closely together with customer service team in answering consumer product and brand questions through social media channels.
• Stay ahead of industry trends and leverage emerging capabilities in the digital landscape.
• Develop and implement a social media influencer program together with the Pro Community Manager and PR Manager.
• Build, monitor and activate social events and create and build engagement around these platforms for PAN EU, local or retail events.
• Manage the social Amplification process for Patagonia Action works in cooperation with the Patagonia Action Work lead.
• Build a strong social media KPI system to measure and monitor social engagement success.
• Create paid online campaigns based on the seasonal matrix.
• Assess quarterly social media trends — making and acting upon recommendations to leverage learning.
• Open new platforms and reports social media trends to different functions within the company.
• Work with Ambassadors, retail stores and media partners to create the optimal engagement within their platforms to drive the seasonal and environmental brand stories.
• Evolve our social media listening program, including our social media listening reports.
• Build social and online campaigns with video/ photo or media platforms to engage with the online community, build the brand awareness online and drive traffic in partnership with the Performance Marketing Manager.
• Work closely with the Performance Marketing Manager to drive optimal digital conversion and engagement through all own and operated and partner channels.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will be/have:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• 5+ years’ experience in digital marketing and social media.
• Proficient with Excel, Word, internet browsers.
• Fluent in English, German is a plus.
• A Patagonia Sports enthusiast
• Excellent writing skills
• Excellent problem identification and reporting skills.
• Must work well in the face of challenging deadlines, while maintaining data integrity and accuracy.
• Experience working with in an international multicultural environment.
• A passion for social media.
• A social media footprint — Twitter followers, a blog, etc.
• Brand-side corporate social media roles or extensive owned and earned social media work on behalf of enterprise clients.
• Strong expertise and experience in digital/social communications, data-driven decision making and community management.
• Deep experience using multiple marketing automation tools including but not limited to: Social Listening Tools; Social Content, Calendaring, and Publishing Tools; Competitive Analytics Tools; Social and Web Analytics Tools; Collaboration Software; URL shortening and Tracking Tools; Social Employee Advocacy Tools.
• Superior oral and written communications skills and presentation skills.
• Experience in services and business to business preferred but not required.
• Collaborator/team player/willing to get involved to help the larger team.
• High energy, self-starter.
• Flexible; can anticipate and adapt to change.
• Experience of external partner management.
• Affinity with Patagonia mission and values
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.