Temporary Retail Demand Planner (6 months)
We are in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by ensuring that Patagonia Europe has the appropriate products and level of inventory to meet the targets of our retail channels. This means to essentially ensure that we have the right products, right quantity, at the right time, in the right size and colors.
• Determine the demand plan for our Retail channels to meet the budget and provide an updated forecast to meet the global planning deadlines.
• Have regular planned meetings with the Senior Merchandiser Europe, Retail Allocator and Retail channel to gain buy in to demand plan.
• Determine quantities to forecast at the style/color/size level based on sales statistics, merchandising, marketing and respective channel sales feedback.
• Analyze in-season sales figures to improve future and current season forecast and give feedback to the channels.
• Create seasonal size and time curves to optimize product flow and generate sales.
• Manage data and provide support to the retail business.
• Monitor and report on relevant KPI’s.
• Work closely with the Senior Merchandiser Europe, Retail Allocator and Retail channel, to help build the most effective product assortment in line with the global marketing stories.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will be/have:
• Minimum 2 years of Direct to Consumer planning experience and/or experience within Retail.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field.
• Fluency in English, other languages are a plus.
• Entrepreneurial mindset and a proactive approach to business.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Process oriented with the ability to identify solutions to problems and opportunities by analyzing data.
• Advanced computer skills:
o Excellent Excel capabilities,
o Preferably 7th online Merchandise and Assortment Planning or similar,
o Preferably Power BI and/or Tableau knowledge,
o Microsoft Dynamics AX or other ERP system experience is a plus.
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
• Used to working in a multi-cultural environment.
• Interest in outdoor sports is a plus.
Patagonia is committed to equal employment opportunities and diversity
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.