River & Ocean Category Lead
We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by effectively setting and implementing objectives. You will also lead, coordinate and support the River Category business (Fish) and the Ocean Category business (Surf).
River Category Lead – Fish (50%); Ocean Category Lead - Surf (50%)
• Track, monitor and steer stock levels across channels in direct contact with the dedicated teams.
• Research and analyse data and market insights, search for insights into consumer needs and want; benchmark standards against industry competitors to evaluate competitiveness and best practices.
• Work with the Sales Director EMEA to develop seasonal preseason targets, ASAP targets.
• Lead and develop a GTM seasonal strategy with the support of product, sales & marketing.
• In partnership with the sales and marketing teams, build and maintain long-term relationships with fish/surf dealers. This includes sell-in support at the sales meeting, special SIS projects, in store POP and GTM activation.
• In partnership with the Demand Planning team, ensure product availability by supplying seasonal sales forecast.
• In partnership with the Merchandising team, build the EMEA Fishing and Surf assortment, gather product feedbacks and inform the Global Fishing Business units.
• Lead and supervise the fish sales team, partner and work closely with the surf sales agents.
• Work closely with the marketing team to ensure that there is a clear marketing strategy to support the category objectives and that all product and community initiatives are appropriately supported.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will be/have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business / Sales or related field experience.
• 2 – 4 years of experience within sales, product or similar. Experience in the sports or outdoor industry preferred.
• Strong experience in sales, data analytics and market research.
• Fluency in English, other languages are a plus.
• Excellent people management skills and stakeholder management.
• Must work well in the face of strict deadlines, while maintaining data integrity and accuracy.
• Previous project management experience preferred.
• Experience working within an international business environment.
• Passion for surfing and/or fly fishing, or eagerness to learn more.
• Must be a highly organized, self-motivated and proactive individual.
• Excellent computer skills and experience with data analysis tools. Good skills to learn new systems.
• Great attention to details.
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
Patagonia is committed to equal employment opportunities and diversity
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.