Retail Repair Tech Specialist (4 days p/w)
We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by performing repairs on technical outerwear, apparel, and bags that meet both quality and productivity standards established for the department. This service is a significant part of Patagonia’s strategy to not only add long term value to our products but also contribute to our customer’s story of the garment. Sometimes we are repairing memories as well as clothes. Since the department is customer-facing, each specialist must be able to uphold Patagonia’s standard of customer service and speak eloquently on repair options for each customer while performing repairs to exacting standards with sewing skill.
• Perform high quality repairs on our technical products using industrial sewing equipment.
• Attend walk-in customers with repair needs and receive product from our wholesale partners.
• Work as a team member to uphold quality, communication, and turn time standards.
• Provide excellent customer service to our customers and wholesale partners.
• Perform alterations when required.
• Manage the product intake and outtake. Keep our systems up to date.
• Manage the stock levels of trims.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will be/have:
• Fluency in German and English.
• 2-4 years of experience repairing technical products and/or outdoor textiles.
• Skilled operation of specialty industrial sewing machines.
• The technical knowledge of how to repair the following:
o Mountain sports, ski and technical gear
o Backpacks and luggage
o Lightweight casual sports apparel and accessories
o Down insulated jackets
o Gore-Tex and other Waterproof materials
• Basic understanding of all zipper line replacements.
• In depth level of knowledge around different layers, fabrics and their functions.
• Basic sewing machine maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Ability to communicate all repair options to customers.
• Comfortable with Microsoft Office software suite.
• Adaptability – able to adapt to different training styles, methods of construction and think outside the box.
• Ability to interpret design intent and offer alternative solutions.
• Basic hand sewing skills.
• Basic straight stitch machine operation.
• Patternmaking skills are a plus.
• Customer service experience is a plus.
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
Patagonia is committed to equal employment opportunities and diversity
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.