Translation and Web Content Coordinator (maternity leave cover)
We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by taking care of the translations needs and web & marketing content production in alliance with external agencies and freelancers.
• Coordinate translations for our European key market languages, categories and across all marketing channels.
• Provide translations for any language needs.
• Create a translation calendar based on the yearly marketing calendar and provide to network of translators.
• Lead network of translators and provide them with guidelines.
• Oversee and manage translation software.
• Monitor and work within the budget related to this function.
• Driving quality of translations to ensure message is aligned with the ‘Patagonia way’
Brand Marketing & Channel Merchandising
• Coordinate translations for all Brand Marketing (PR, Advertising, Social Media) and Visual Merchandising (Retail, Partner, COOP, SIS).
• Work closely with marketing team to review source language (English) options and work with the translation vendors to make translation recommendations.
Web/marketing Content Production
• Work with the US web team and the EU marketing/enviro team to plan and coordinate site updates and web projects.
• Bring global and EU specific campaigns live in a meaningful way with optimized content
• Coordinate the local Front-End Developers to adhere to timelines & keep workload in control.
• Responsible for communication to stakeholders in relation to delivery.
• Perform QA (content and technical) on Patagonia.com/eu (all locals) and ensure accountable team(s) do the final testing before release.
E-shop Content Production
• Suggest changes and/or necessary content and web updates.
• Optimize seasonal and campaign content per consumer touchpoint
• Coordinate product copy updates for EU throughout the year.
• Plan and coordinate seasonal online collection changes including QA.
• Oversee and coordinate SEO updates for EU.
• Strategically plan and drive production of E-com EU specific content based on seasonality, weather and inventory position, including copy needs.
Emails Production Support
• Support the design, production, and planning of EU emails.
• Perform QA on emails.
• Ensure that EU marketing team does the final email check in time leading to emails are sent as planned.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will be/have:
• Master’s Degree and/or educational background in translation and/or communication.
• 3 years of experience leading a network of translators, preferably in the outdoor / sports industry. Work experience as a Translator is not required.
• Experience in e-com content coordination.
• Understanding of e-com, social media and web content platforms.
• Good writing skills and grammar knowledge.
• Attention to detail.
• Fluent spoken and written English and preferably one of the following languages: German, Italian, French.
• Organizational and project management skills
• International and especially European experience preferable.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
Patagonia is committed to equal employment opportunities and diversity
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.