Environment & Marketing Coordinator (France & Iberia) – Maternity leave cover
We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by leading the planning and execution of all local marketing and enviro efforts, ensuring that all communications will be implemented according to the Patagonia EMEA business strategy. This role is the key liaison between EMEA strategy and local implementation/production, and must ensure that the three key areas of the function are supported to the required level: Brand Marketing, Wholesale Marketing and Environment.
• Work closely with the European headquarters (EHQ) marketing team to secure local (France 80% - Iberia 20%) execution of global strategies and campaigns.
• Work with all stakeholders (marketing, environment and sales) to create local marketing & environmental strategies in support of the EMEA business strategy.
• In partnership with Country Manager, define detailed local marketing plan (COOP and Brand Activation) based on EHQ guidelines and template.
• Be the local point person for local environmental initiatives, working closely with EHQ Environment team to secure quality, accuracy and strategic alignment.
• Manage local budget for Brand Activation, Wholesale Marketing, Marketing Contribution, Seeding and POP, ensuring timely and on-budget execution of local marketing plans.
• Work closely with the EHQ Senior Marketing Manager Europe to review and validate local paid media plan and to ensure that media assets are correct and relevant.
• Validate local translations coordinated by the Translation and Web Content Coordinator. Ensure that local translations are executed at the highest level.
• In partnership with the Environmental Action & Initiatives Director EMEA and local Country Manager, establish and nurture a strong local B Corp network.
• Work closely with the PR Manager to assure local PR activities and events are executed at highest quality level.
• Assist and work with the Digital Community Manager for implementation of local digital affiliations and Social Media opportunities.
• Work closely with the Senior Marketing Manager to plan and secure that all bought media is relevant for the region.
• Follow up and validate all Bought media in region i.e. digital and print.
• Order and assure that assets and content for bought media is correct and relevant.
Other Job Functions
• Support the local market by primarily supporting the agents request re COOP marketing, basic PR and social media work (Spain 10%)
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will be/have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing and/or educational background in Marketing.
• At least 5 years of experience in Marketing.
• Good understanding of our products and market.
• Product experience in the outdoor industry preferred.
• Fluent in English and French.
• Excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Office, internet) and general skills to learn new systems.
• Proactive, dynamic and autonomous.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• International and especially European experience preferable.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
Patagonia is committed to equal employment opportunities and diversity
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.