Marketing Operations Manager EMEA
We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by defining and managing the marketing systems and processes across all channels and markets in Europe. You will work in close partnership with the regional Marketing Director, Global marketing operations, local market teams and Europe HQ marketing teams, to drive the systems and processes required to manage the complex marketing workstreams that support all sell-in and sell-through marketing efforts in Europe.
• Work with Regional Marketing Director and Global Marketing Operations to review and enhance European marketing operations processes.
• Managing the briefing process to internal and external creative stakeholders ensuring the timely delivery of creative assets.
• Partner with finance and relevant marketing stakeholders to ensure close oversight of all marketing investments in the region.
• Work with the Brand Analyst to manage the marketing performance dashboard in order to track the performance of regional marketing efforts and deliver quarterly reports to key marketing and commercial stakeholders across the business.
• Define and manage the cadence of marketing meetings between EMEA and Global as well as EMEA and the local marketing teams in Europe.
• Work with our counterparts in Global Marketing Operations to ensure timely delivery of marketing assets to regional functions and local marketing coordinators.
• Manage the cadence and delivery of monthly marketing reports to global and regional stakeholders.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will be/have:
• Educational background in in Marketing or a relevant field.
• 5+ years of professional experience in marketing operations, especially setting up marketing systems and processes from scratch.
• International experience preferred.
• Experience within the apparel industry is a plus.
• A keen strategic point of view and the ability to write and present strategic presentations.
• Excellent system-based organization skills.
• Ability to challenge the status-quo and bring innovative ideas to the table.
• Well organized; can work in multiple initiatives simultaneously; deadline oriented.
• Demonstrated project management capabilities and experience.
• Collaborator/team player/willing to get involved to help the larger team.
• High energy, self-starter.
• Flexible; can anticipate and adapt to change.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and cross-cultural nuances.
• Fluent in English; any other languages are a plus.
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies