Accounts Payable Accountant
We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by supporting the Accounting Team Leader and Accounting Team with the consistent recording of financial data into the relevant systems and maintaining our Accounts Payable information in accordance with accounting principles and internal procedures.
Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills are required to ensure a streamlined and efficient Accounts Payable Process.
“A company that aims to be socially and environmentally responsible has the same primary duty as any other business to know its numbers and pay its bills on time. A business cannot honour its social and environmental responsibilities unless it meets its first responsibility: to stay financially healthy.”
• Responsible for Accounts Payable processing of Patagonia Europe and timely & accurate preparing of journal entries.
• Perform vendor account reconciliation for unallocated cash and resolving balance discrepancies.
• Maintaining Accounts Payable files and records.
• Provide backup support for the accounting team.
• Support the team with the month-end accounting tasks including but not limited to preparing petty cash files for our offices, prepaid expenses and the credit card expenses bookings.
• Support the team with creating and updating written AP accounting manuals and ensuring all AP processes and procedures are fully documented and stored in a centralized location.
• Effectively interpret incoming AP queries through email and phone and support the accounting team by responding to these queries in accordance with AP accounting and company guidelines.
• Filing, scanning, storing and the retrieval of all related financial documents in accordance with local rules, regulations and company policies.
• Adhere to accounting principles and internal procedures.
• Support month- and year-end close process
• Ad hoc administrative duties to be performed as and when required, including cover for other members of finance.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have/be a:
• University or equivalent degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position.
• Strong IT skills and an aptitude to learn new systems quickly, with Excel proficiency and an understanding of essential AP Accounting ERP features. The following are a plus: AX, D365.
• Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment and work towards set timelines.
• Flexibility by taking on ad-hoc responsibilities as required.
• Ability to treat all data with care and confidentiality.
• High level of commitment, integrity and responsibility.
• Team player and have the ability to build effective cross-functional relationships.
• Highly accurate, organized and have excellent attention to detail.
• Broad understanding of business needs with excellent analytical and effective oral and written communication skills.
• Fluent in English, other languages are a plus.
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies