Office Manager & Executive Assistant
We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by supporting the General Manager (GM) EMEA and where required the EMEA Leadership team on administrative and planning needs. You will also be responsible for the Amsterdam (and where required regional) office management and administration.
With the overall responsibility for the local Amsterdam office management and administration, you are the main contact for ensuring all office logistics run smoothly. You are responsible for managing the vendors that provide services to the office, as well as for implementing office health and safety standards in compliance with local laws. You will also support HR and Finance on any office building or restructure planning. As an Executive Assistant (EA), you will provide EA support to the GM EMEA and administrative coordination and planning to the wider EMEA Leadership Team members as needed.
Office Management (50%):
• Manage all the Amsterdam office’s administration and logistics to ensure an organized, clean and safe working environment for all.
• Arrange desks and seating plans in conjunction with the HR Manager and the HR Team.
• Manage and develop the office coordinator/receptionist.
• Be the point of contact for the landlord and partner with them on any facilities and infrastructures needs.
• Implement local health and safety procedures, communicate the evacuation plan to colleagues.
• Be responsible for the security of the office; be the security company point of contact.
• Partner with the HR team and Finance team on any office improvements and project management needs, build or design needs.
• Deliver and monitor local office sustainability initiatives and data in conjunction with the Enviro department.
• Partner with stakeholders in Enviro, Leadership Team, Footprint Committee to reach carbon neutrality for the office.
• Manage caterers, yoga teachers, and any other clients/vendors relating to the Amsterdam office.
• Administrate local insurances and be the point of contact with insurance providers, brokers and local authorities for topics related to general office administration.
• Assist with any Dutch-related correspondence for the office.
• Manage general communications to the Amsterdam office in conjunction with the HR Team.
• Organize internal events such as office outings, sports activities, well-being initiatives, after work drinks and activities, etc. in conjunction with HR Team.
• Act as a bridge between the Amsterdam office and regional offices.
Executive Assistant support (50%):
• Provide administrative support primarily to the General Manager EMEA and - as needed - administrative coordination support to the EMEA leadership team.
• Make travel arrangements, including but not limited to booking travel and hotels, handling all paperwork related to passports and business visas as needed
• Support legal representative(s) in handling confidential documents and obtaining contract approvals and signatures
• Support with GM EMEA calendar and inbox management, as requested
• Manage and process GM EMEA business expenses
• Assist with the organization of external events. Attendance to conferences, etc may be required
• Execute a broad range of administrative and clerical duties, such as documents filing, data entry, etc.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will be/have:
• Education in business administration or another relevant field
• 3-5 years of work experience as Office Manager, Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant, Team Assistant, Administration Assistant or similar.
• Advanced computer skills, especially in MS Office
• Fluency in Dutch and English is a must, any other languages are a plus
• Strong affinity with Patagonia’s mission statement
• Understanding of carbon footprint and reduction policies and schemes
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously while keeping strong attention to details
• Sense of urgency, proactive, and efficiency-driven
• Have good organizational and prioritization skills
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with ambiguity
• Experience in project management is a plus
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced multicultural environment
• Experience in people management is a plus
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies