Intersectional activism development intern - 6 months
We’re in business to save our home planet. You will contribute to this mission by assisting the Enviro team to identify, connect and support the BPOC (Black people and People of Colour) NGO community in Europe.
• Map the BPOC-focused or BPOC-led NGOs in Europe, especially in France, Germany, UK and Netherlands, and identify their connection to Patagonia’s mission.
• Explore potential partnerships with the NGOs identified and other key stakeholders.
• Support our grantees in the development and inclusion of BPOC activists in their organizations.
• Support other activities related to Patagonia’s Justice and Antiracism Strategy within the Enviro department.
• Perform administrative tasks related to our 1% for the Planet grants process.
• Currently enrolled in studies or recently graduated.
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
• Involvement in social justice causes or environmental causes is strongly preferred.
• Fluency in English. Other languages are a plus, specially French or German.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to build relations and learn from our NGOs and partners.
• Self-starter and ability to work autonomously.
• Good research skills.
• The ability to think strategically and effectively analyze the opportunities and risks for Patagonia is a plus.
• Ability to work with MS Office suite
• Experience of and connections with BPOC communities and experts in Europe is a plus.
• Understanding of the grant-giving process is a plus
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
• Monthly allowance.
• Access to Company Sample Sales and Discounted Merchandise.
• Free (virtual) yoga classes
• Coverage of travel expenses for commuting via public transport (upon valid receipts).
• Lots of company events with environmentalists, change makers, educationalists and ambassadors of our core sports.