Inventory Cost Accountant (Fixed Term Contract)
We’re in business to save our home planet. The Interim Inventory Cost Accountant is responsible for managing and monitoring all inventory, warehousing, supply chain and operational matters for all channels across Europe.
The Interim Inventory Cost Accountant will have in-depth knowledge on our supply chain and understand all financial impacts and accounting processes when operational decisions are made. You will work closely with different functions within the organization, such as logistics, dealer service and IT.
This is a fixed term full-time vacancy, intended to support the team until approximately July 2022. If you’re successful in the selection process, we will offer you a contract until July 2022.
• Building strong relationships with different stakeholders within the organization.
• Responsible for all supply chain and operations topics within the organization in relation to Finance.
• Contributing to the month end close, interim audit and year end close processes.
• Maintain, record and reconcile subledgers and ledgers for the inventory accounting within required time frames, e.g standard price cost analysis / inventory reserve / inventory in transit / returns / inventory adjustments / PPV / warehousing / retail / freight / duties.
• Support finance and operations teams in identifying improvement areas.
• Daily inventory reconciliation with our warehouse / Tracking shipping performance in the warehouse
• Adhoc requests, within the organization and team.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will be/have:
• University or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
• Experience working with large datasets and business intelligence tools, especially PowerBI or Tableau
• Fluency in English
• Retail, Warehousing and inventory accounting experience would be considered as a plus.
• Microsoft AX Dynamics, Microsoft AX09 and Retail Pro would be considered as a plus.
• Ability to work under tight schedules.
• Flexible attitude & good team player.
• Great attention to detail and organizational skills
• Proactive with a “can do” attitude.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies