Culture & Development Manager
We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by leading performance management, learning and development strategies and programs for office and store-based employees that have meaningful impact, ensure we have great people leaders, and bring to life our culture for every employee.
• In partnership with the HR Director, be responsible for designing and implementing Patagonia EMEA performance management programs
• Manage the goal setting, performance review, and feedback process to create a culture of growth and feedbacks
• In partnership with the HR Manager and HR Retail Generalist, support managers to articulate clear goal setting for their teams, assess performance, and create individual development plans
• Research, keep abreast of market practices, and make recommendations to continuously improve the performance management and feedback process
• Partner with the HR Manager and hiring managers to effectively onboard new hires to set them up for success in their career within the company
• Develop, implement, and manage engagement and employee experience programs and initiatives, including Patagonia Core Values survey
• Develop, implement, and manage plans and programs to promote culture and support employees in their development and career progression
• In partnership with the HR Director, identify on an ongoing basis the key capabilities needed to achieve our mission, support company growth and strategy, and translate it into a learning, training, and development plan
• Drive the learning and development agenda by designing innovative learning solutions, employee development initiatives, training programs etc
• Implement, manage, and deliver relevant and high-quality trainings (in house/external), learning solutions (webinars, online learning…) and other development activities as per the learning, development, and training plan
• In partnership with the HR Director, manage and continue to develop Patagonia Earth University
• Support the HR Director, HR Manager, and Recruitment Lead in fostering a thriving culture of justice, equity, anti-racism, and inclusion
• In partnership with the HR Director and HR Manager, identify and make recommendations on employee, manager, and leadership development opportunities and implement appropriate actions and programs
• Provide coaching and guidance to leaders and managers to enable them to effectively manage performance feedbacks, development and career discussions, or employee engagement
• Lead efforts in talent development, people strategies, and other issues relating to employee experience and engagement
• Manage relations with external partners, facilitators, and training organizations
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will be/have:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in organizational psychology and/or Human Resources or related
• At least 3-5 years of experience in performance management and/or a learning and development role
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement
• Strong linkage with justice, equity, anti-racist and inclusion work
• Extremely strong communication, stakeholder, and relationship management skills
• Project management capabilities
• Creative and design thinking
• Effective change agent and result-oriented
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, including the ability to organize, plan, and prioritize tasks
• Proven ability to build strong partnerships, work collaboratively, and navigate organizations involving regional, local, corporate, and retail business unit resources
• Ability to diagnose issues, see patterns of problems, and demonstrate ownership in driving solutions
• Proactive, flexible, and able to adapt to change quickly
• Ability to maintain confidentialit,
• Fluent English, other languages are a plus
• International and especially European HR experience preferable
• Excellent computer knowledge (Microsoft Office, Internet) and general skills to learn new systems
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies