Ecommerce Order Operations Coordinator
We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by ensuring end-to-end customer experience excellence throughout the pre-purchase and post-purchase processes in Europe with the aim to grow and foster our direct relationships and drive customer retention.
eCommerce ordering experience
• Monitor the onsite checkout and ordering experience and proactively report on any issues identified
• Work with the team to identify checkout flow and payment success rate optimization opportunities
• Drive efforts to expand the European payment method options to continuously match local preferences
• Monitor fraud cases and work with the Customer Service and Finance teams to handle and adjust risk settings as needed
• Prepare the team, cross-functional departments and systems for the peak season operational volumes
• Coordinate order operations contingency planning, issue resolution and risk mitigation initiatives
• Maintain ongoing reporting and monitor KPIs that track the health of the ordering experience
Post-purchase customer experience and mission alignment
• Partner with the Customer Service and Logistics teams to monitor outbound orders and inbound returns SLA performance
• Identify, escalate and resolve any widespread issues that require process or system changes
• Identify opportunities to improve the post-purchase customer experience and customer retention
• Collaborate with the Logistics team to push forward enhancements and mission-related projects such as sustainable last-mile shipping carrier rollouts and sustainable packaging launches
• Collaborate on seasonal review sessions together with the 3PL, Logistics team and Customer Service team to ensure continual improvement in post purchase customer experience.
Stakeholder management and communications
• Act as the nexus between Customer Service, Logistics, IT and Finance and maintain continuous lines of communication on issues and new projects that impact cross-functional teams
• Ensure a strong feedback loop with Customer Service and Logistics and inform the teams of any customer experience issues and improvement opportunities
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
• Minimum of 2-3 years’ work experience in ecommerce, operations, customer service or a related field
• Bachelor or master’s degree in business, operations or relevant field
• Digitally savvy and eager to learn new technology solutions and practices in a continuously evolving field
• Strong organizational and time management skills: ability to multitask and balance competing priorities
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Customer-centric focus and able to recognize trends across disconnected data sets and feedback channels
• Clear written and spoken communications skills: ability to communicate effectively across multiple, international stakeholders
• Problem-solving, positive, and solution-oriented attitude and approach when faced with challenges
• General knowledge of UX / CX best practices
• Experience with Salesforce CommerceCloud, or comparable eCommerce platform
• Experience with Adyen or comparable payments processor
• Familiarity with the European payments landscape, local preferences and fraud/risk strategy
• Fluent English, other languages are a plus
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies