Local Environment & Marketing Specialist
We are in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this by effectively managing / coordinating / implementing Enviro & Marketing initiatives according to the Patagonia EMEA strategy.
The Marketing Assistant will work closely with the local Enviro & Marketing Manager assisting with the execution of marketing and enviro activities according to the Patagonia EMEA strategy.
• Assist the Enviro & Marketing Manager on the execution of local marketing and enviro campaigns.
• Lead the production and execution of local events such as Worn Wear, film screenings, panel discussions and enviro events.
• Manage local translation and proofreading in coordination with the Translation and Web Content Coordinator (EHQ).
• Handle requests from local dealers for POP, window campaigns, online content and store events.
• Support the measurement and evaluation of local marketing activities.
• Identify relevant regional Social Media Content and work with the Enviro & Marketing Manager and central team for implementation of local digital affiliations and Social Media opportunities.
• Support local partnerships with institutions, ambassadors and NGO network.
• Manage product orders and invoicing.
• From time to time assist with assigned central EMEA projects (i.e. store openings).
• Help shape and deliver the enviro campaigns in country
• Build a strong community of NGOs and activist
• Engage more of our consumers more deeply in environmental issues
• Be connected into the key environmental issues of the country, and recommend how Patagonia can best engage
• Assist in the 1% for the Planet granting process for local groups.
• Support local 1% for the Planet grantees with their Patagonia Action Works (PAW) needs and handle the PAW Basecamp requests.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
• Native in German, fluent in English.
• Bachelor’s or Master´s degree in Marketing.
• 1-3 years experience in event management or general Marketing preferred.
• Genuine empathy for the mission is a must. Knowledge and involvement in the environmental movement is a strong plus.
• Willingness to work on certain weekends and to travel within Germany, Austria and abroad as needed. A driver’s license is necessary.
• Understanding of Patagonia’s products and market.
• Experience in the outdoor sports industry preferred.
• Excellent computer knowledge and general skills to learn new systems.
• Organized, dynamic and self-motivated.
- Able to work independently.
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies