General Ledger Accountant (Fixed term contract)
We’re in business to save our home planet. Your role will contribute to this mission by supporting the Accounting Team with the consistent recording of financial data into the relevant systems in accordance with accounting principles and internal procedures.
You will work closely with the different functions across the accounting team to ensure the General Ledger is accurate and compliant for tax and statutory purposes across Europe.
This is a fixed term full-time vacancy, intended to support the team until approximately July 2022. If you’re successful in the selection process, we will offer you a contract until July 2022.
• Timely & accurately preparation of journal entries and GL account reconciliations.
• Performing monthly balance sheet review & reconciliations.
• Provide backup support for the accounting team with day-to-day operations.
• Support the team with the month-end accounting tasks including but not limited to deferred rent accounting, agent comissions reviews, cash, bank & credit card reconciliations for our retail and E-commerce channels.
• Performing monthly controls on correct processing of E-commerce sales & refunds, weekly reviews of customer refunds, and liasing with IT department regarding pending transactions & uploads to the ERP system.
• Perform the monthly fixed asset accounting in accordance with accounting policies, including the preparation of fixed asset category schedules and internal policies.
• Contribute to the preparation of instruction manuals for GL accounting tasks & keeping existing documentation up to date.
• Support the Accounting Team Leader and current GL accountant to review month-end accounting records and sign off supporting documentation.
• Effectively interpret incoming business queries (internal & external) and support the accounting team by responding to these queries in accordance with accounting and company guidelines.
• Assist the team with ongoing projects or testings required for ongoing projects when required.
• Support with internal and external audits.
• Filing, scanning, storing, and retrieving of all related financial documents in accordance with local rules, regulations and company policies.
• Adhere to accounting principles and internal procedures.
• Ad hoc administrative duties to be performed as and when required, including cover for other members of finance.
In order to succeed in this role, it is expected that you will have:
• University or equivalent degree in accounting, business administration or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in Accounting or related functions.
• Part-qualified accountant or interest in pursuing further accounting education.
• Strong IT skills and an aptitude to learn new systems quickly, with advanced Excel proficiency and an understanding of essential Accounting ERP features. The following are a plus: AX, D365, Power Bi.
• Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment and work towards set timelines.
• Flexibility by taking on ad-hoc responsibilities as required.
• Ability to treat all data with care and confidentiality.
• High level of commitment, integrity and responsibility.
• Team player and able to build effective cross-functional relationships.
• Highly accurate, organized and have excellent attention to detail.
• Broad understanding of business needs with excellent analytical and effective oral and written communication skills.
• Fluent in English, other languages are a plus.
• Strong linkage with the Patagonia business and mission statement.
At Patagonia, we commit to becoming an anti-racist company that leads by example. This means doing the work to be inclusive and equitable, across all aspects of our business.
Every person who applies to join Patagonia receives equal employment opportunities, and we value a welcoming environment where each member of our EMEA team feels included, respected and empowered, regardless of their race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, civil status, national origin, disability or age.
At Patagonia, we strive to have inclusive representation within our organisation and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture. We actively seek applications from Black and People of Colour (BPOC) and other underrepresented groups.
As we are in business to save our home planet, we can only do this together.
Please make sure that your CV and cover letter are in English.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Thanks for your interest in supporting us for this role, but we don’t accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies