ABOUT THE RAINFOREST ALLIANCE:
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Finance Associate will be responsible for providing financial leadership and ensure contract management for all the projects in Mexico. S/he will generate reports, monitor expenses, and manage contracts and other agreements. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with administrative and financial requirements in accordance with Rainforest Alliance policies and procedures. This position supervises one staff member.
- Lead coordination of budget planning and execution, including creating reports for donors and ensure the organization’s commitment and compliance to donor policies in collaboration with technical units;
- Implementation of internal controls, financial protocols and monitor expenses assuring the correct source of financing;
- Inform possible variations between budgeted exercised available and when needed, make any necessary modifications; Ensure delivery on a timely manner of financial reports to managers, director and donors;
- Support the elaboration of country planning process and annual budgets;
- Provide staff support in areas related to administrative and contracts orientations, and training for program staff to communicate clear financial policies and procedures;
- Supervision of contractual agreements and ensure they are issued using appropriate templates, in accordance with donor requirements when applicable and according to Rainforest Alliance policies;
- Ensure consultants’ invoices and subcontractors or recipients of sub-agreements are reviewed for accuracy and proper documentation;
- Process and track payments to consultants and sub-contractors making sure correct source of funding and accounting project codes are used;
- Maintain schedule of consultant and contract payments and all necessary backup documentation;
- Ensure compliance by program staff with established expense approval procedures and ensure correct usage of accounting project codes;
- Create the code structure, activation and deactivation of accounting project codes; Ensure compliance by program staff on the timely submission of their time cards;
- Financial monitoring of subgrantees;
- Supervise the contracts & administrative assistant for the GDA project, United States Agency for International Development (USAID);
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in accounting, finance or related field, or comparable work experience;
- 4 years minimum experience in financial assistance;
- Experience in USAID projects and other multilaterals;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Must have excellent computer skills (MS Office and Internet);
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, assess priorities and multi-task with strong attention to detail;
- Strong analytical skills; and
- Verbal and written English languages skills preferred.
Commensurate with experience.
Only candidates authorized to work in Mexico will be considered
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.