ABOUT THE RAINFOREST ALLIANCE:
We are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal.
The Rainforest Alliance works at the intersection of business, agriculture and forests. By bringing diverse allies together we are making deep-rooted change on some of our most pressing social and environmental issues. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people mitigate and adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways.
Our alliance needs you, whoever you are and wherever you stand. By joining forces with producers, businesses and consumers, we can transform our relationship with the land and forests we rely on. We can make that relationship work better for all.
Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The primary function of the Contracts & Administrative Assistant is to provide administrative support and assistance to the entire team . S/he will provide support in planning processes, events, field visits and assistance making periodic reports to be submitted internally or to donors.
· Oversee agreement or contractual administration, including gathering all the documentation and drafting agreements in compliance with internal policies and procedures, donor requirements and best management practices.
· Coordinate and provide technical assistance to RA staff on the agreement administration responsibilities, donor regulations, and donor award management.
· Ensure consultants’ invoices and subcontractors or recipients of sub-agreements are reviewed for accuracy and proper documentation (fiscal local requirements);
· Manage payments, contracts and invoices as well as keep records of all supporting documentation regarding USAID project;
· Maintain awards and supporting documentation in RA’s designated contract database. Periodically review information in this database to ensure files are complete and up-to-date
· Assist in the preparation of periodic reports (this includes print, electronic and physical preparation and delivery);
· Provide administrative support to the entire project team in the coordination of events, workshops and meetings with donors, partners and beneficiaries, including participation in events;
· Coordinate logistics for the USAID project: monthly meetings, booking of meeting rooms, coffee breaks, lunch, etc., and take meeting notes;
· Assist in the travel logistics which includes the purchase of airline tickets, hotel reservations and car reservations (this includes project vehicles and leased vehicles if necessary);
· Support in making contracts and MOUs in accordance with donor requirements and policies of the Rainforest Alliance;
· Coordinate the translation of documents Spanish-English and English-Spanish;
· Maintain physical and electronic files of USAID project official information; and
· Other duties assigned.
· Bachelor degree/ professional qualification
· 2 or 3 years of work experience in a similar position, preferable projects funded by USAID ;
· Proficient in MS Office;
· Experience in organizing and presenting information;
· Ability to track tasks until completion;
· Strong written and verbal proficiency in English;
· Knowledge of donor rules and regulations, specifically US Government preferable
· Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals;
· Ability to work within a team structure and independently, be creative, take initiative and be attentive to details;
· Courteous and professional attitude with expertise in providing customer service;
· Flexibility and ability to work in a busy environment;
· Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner; and
· With initiative, self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, dependability, strong attention to detail.
Only candidates authorized to work Mexico will be considered