ABOUT RAINFOREST ALLIANCE:
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance.
Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
Responsible for supporting the Rainforest Alliance’s business partners along the global supply chain (e.g. producers, exporters, traders, importers, manufacturers, retailers, etc), giving advice to assure compliance with Traceability Guidelines, Chain of Custody policy and Trademark approval guidelines. Uses best practices in Customer Success processes, optimizing customer experiences and grow the mission impact of the organization. Data analysis, data management and customer satisfaction are guiding principles in this work.
- Provide timely, high quality assistance and follow up through multiple channels to clients around the globe in the different supply chains of Rainforest Alliance Certified products. Primary focus will be the fruits sector;
- Walk clients through the different processes of sales declaration, based on the Rainforest Alliance’s traceability guidelines;
- Assist banana importers with data uploads and creation of transaction certificates;
- Maintain data quality by updating, editing or cancelling transactions as requested by clients;
- Be able to provide basic information on the implementation of traceability and other requirements such as certification and labelling. Primary focus will be sales declarations and traceability;
- Respond to inquiries with tact while providing a good customer experience;
- Provide trainings and guidance mostly online, but be able to provide training face to face when required;
- Monitor transactions and apply corrective measures as detected;
- Support team goals and coordinate work with others as needed;
- Support the development and improvement of traceability systems;
- Work with Product Owners on the development of tools. This requires participating on phone calls and providing inputs;
- Share inputs and feedback about customer success processes to support continuous improvement activities; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Intermediate studies in a Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in administrative, customer service, tech support or communication roles;
- Good writing and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English is a must. Other languages a plus;
- Interpersonal abilities and openness to interact with other cultures with tact and diplomacy;
- Positive attitude, with strong organizational and time management skills;
- Strong customer orientation, detail-oriented and analytical;
- Adapts easily to change;
- Basic knowledge of supply chains of certified agricultural products. Knowledge of certified banana or fruit supply chains is a plus;
- Ability to interpret and explain guidelines and requirements to others;
- Comfortable with the use of Skype, Teams, Zoom or other online communication tools;
- Minimum commitment of 2 years with the Customer Success team;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications;
- Knowledge of sustainability practices, a passion for environmental issues and experience with certification in sustainable agriculture and/or forestry preferred;
- Availability to travel up to 5% per year, including internationally.
Only candidates authorized to work in Guatemala will be considered for the position.