The Customer Success Assistant is responsible for supporting the Rainforest Alliance’s business partners along the global supply chain (e.g. producers, exporters, traders, importers, manufacturers, retailers, etc), giving advice and troubleshooting their navigation through Rainforest Alliance systems to assure compliance with Chain of Custody, Traceability and Trademark requirements. Uses best practices in Customer Success processes, optimizing customer experiences and grow the mission impact of the organization. Customer satisfaction, troubleshooting and data analysis are guiding principles in this work.
- Provide timely, high quality assistance and follow up through multiple channels to clients in the different supply chains of Rainforest Alliance Certified™ products;
- Reach out to clients when needed in order to understand their profile and whether they fall within scope of the Chain of Custody policy (CoC);
- Set the Chain of Custody Risk Assessment (CRA) applicability for new registrants, according to their profile;
- Walk new clients through the initial steps and settings of the CRA and reply to their questions;
- Be able to provide clients with information on the implementation of mutual recognition, traceability and use of seal approval;
- Troubleshoot clients as they navigate Rainforest Alliance Certification, Traceability or Trademark system sections;
- Be present in local, regional or global team calls as required or scheduled;
- Support team goals and coordinate work with others in local, regional or global teams as needed;
- Share inputs and feedback about customer success processes to support continuous improvement activities; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree preferred, ideally in sustainable marketing, communications or business;
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience in administrative, customer service, tech support or communication roles in a professional office environment;
- Understanding and experience of sustainability and certification programs is highly desired;
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills in English is a must. Spanish would be a great plus as well as another European language;
- Interpersonal abilities and openness to interact with other cultures with tact and diplomacy;
- Positive attitude, with strong organizational and time management skills;
- High attention to detail, analytical and strong customer orientation.
- Adapts easily to change;
- Ability to interpret and explain guidelines and requirements to others;
- Comfortable with the use of Skype, Teams, Zoom or other online communication tools;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications;
- Knowledge of sustainability practices, a passion for environmental issues and experience with certification in sustainable agriculture and/or forestry preferred;
- Willingness and ability to travel occasionally, including internationally.
Only candidates authorized to work in the US will be considered for the position.