The Manager, CB Monitoring monitors and assesses the performance of certification bodies (CBs) working with Rainforest Alliance to guarantee consistency, credibility, higher standards and compliance to assurance procedures and protocols to safeguard integrity of the organization’s standards.
- To further develop and implement the monitoring program on CBs’ activities;
- To carry out audits to the CBs working with Rainforest Alliance;
- To carry out all the follow-up activities resulting of the CB monitoring activities;
- To select local and international auditors for Rainforest Alliance and to prepare them and train them on the applicable auditing procedures.
- To develop and maintain a system of risk assessments and consistent scoring of CBs performance;
- To monitor and assesses the CBs’ execution of and compliance to assurance policies;
- To analyze implementation and compliance issues and to use this information to propose adjustments to the standards or assurance requirements, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in agronomic engineering, agronomy, environmental science, international development or related;
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in auditing and certification systems;
- A minimum of five years of experience in the UTZ and/or Rainforest Alliance certification systems. Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 17065 and ISO 19011;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish; Portuguese is a plus;
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities, excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals. Initiative, strong attention to detail;
- Ability to travel internationally a minimum of 30% per year.
Commensurate with experience.
Only candidates authorized to work in Colombia and Costa Rica will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.