The Regional IT Associate will be responsible to coordinate efforts with the Global IT Operations team to troubleshoot technical issues and requests and liaise with outsourced vendors when necessary. S/he will ensure the smooth and optimal functioning of networks, computers, servers, telephony systems and other IT devices in the region as well as maintain control of the Mexico IT Inventory of equipment assigned to staff. S/he will also provide the foundation for scalable Rainforest Alliance organizational growth and facilitate system design activities. S/he will provide continuous user training to staff on organization infrastructure systems and will ensure that Rainforest Alliance IT systems are well maintained, secure and staff has access to the training and technology needed to support Rainforest Alliance’s mission.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance through the IT ServiceDesk;
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions;
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers walking them through the problem-solving process and direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel;
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services;
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs;
- Follow-up and update customer status and information;
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal and regional team;
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures;
- Set up hardware and install and configure software and drivers (SharePoint; One Drive);
- Ensure equipment functionality and its components (maintain and repair e.g. Wifi, laptops, printers, peripheral, etc.), and teach users how to utilize computers correctly;
- Manage security options and software in computers and networks to maintain privacy and protection from cyber attacks;
- Perform regular upgrades to ensure systems remain updated;
- Arrange maintenance sessions to discover and mend inefficiencies;
- Keep records of repairs and fixes for future reference;
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions per specifications and ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems;
- Responsible for ordering, shipping, and receiving of all hardware;
- ·Other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science required;
- 4 years of experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role; Office 365, SharePoint, Microsoft Windows and Office, Jira, Confluence, Applications (Ofimatica);
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Strong technical background, the ability to grasp new concepts, skills and adapt to dynamic changes in the computer information technology fields.
- Willingness to learn to use new software;
- Dependability, punctuality and good organizational skills required;
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects/tasks across program groups;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships with user groups and ability to communicate in lay terms with non-technical staff;
- Ability to work in a multicultural, diverse, and highly performance-driven environment.
- Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- Bilingual English/Spanish a must;
Deadline to apply for the position is Feb 21, 2020.
Only candidates authorized to work in Mexico will be considered
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.