This consultant is needed for supporting the improvement of the current assurance system and the implementation of the Banana Assurance plan.
ACTIVITIES AND TASKS:
Strengthen current assurance system
- Monitor 100% of the fruit reports the current RA program (focus on banana and pineapple).
- Conduct monthly report reviews and quarterly progress reports of RA program to assure credible data on certification process.
- Identify implementation, assurance and contextualization issues.
- Coordinate with internal team, especially S&A and Program Officer to close the implementation, assurance and contextualization issues.
- Support the CB training activities.
Implement the Banana Assurance Plan
- Support the credibility issues management.
- Review and monitor current certified operation to identify risks.
- Review and monitor CBs quality.
- Manage and follow up credibility issues as defined in the Credibility issues procedure.
- Develop regular reports that record the progress achievement, risks and challenges.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The following demonstrated skills and knowledge are required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy or Natural Resource related field (i.e. Forestry, Wildlife, Biology).
- Minimum of two years’ experience, in any fruit production.
- Three years of experience in Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture certification and other major tropical fruit production protocols.
- One-year experience as external or internal auditor.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Written and verbal proficiency in English and Spanish preferred.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 20% per year, nationally and internationally.
Applicants are requested to submit the following documents to Maria Angélica Bonilla (firstname.lastname@example.org) by no later than 15 February 2020.
- A covering letter, of no more than 2 pages, which provides a summary of the consultant’s relevant experience, expertise and contacts
- A fixed price budget, which details daily rates and expenses