The Finance Associate will be responsible for providing critical support to the Finance team. S/he will work closely with the entire Finance and Administration Unit and will produce financial reports, perform financial analysis, and provide financial support for various subunits. The Finance Associate will be an integral part of the Finance and Accounting (F&A) team, and as part of that team will be expected to provide, as well as receive, back up and support to others in the department to achieve critical deadlines.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly, quarterly, and the year-end report packages for Senior Leadership.
- Produce standard and ad hoc financial reports for finance & accounting management; work with Finance Managers to ensure consistency. Run monthly financial reports in BI360 and post them in Sharepoint for distribution to DHs.
- Help coordinate the process of developing the annual budget and periodic forecasting;
- Develop and maintain budget and financial report templates and implement modifications as needed;
- Participate in major Finance team initiatives. Manage, maintain, and troubleshoot financial reporting systems and tools.
- Serve as F&A project lead and administrator for F&A SharePoint site, build, create, and organize historical database for all Finance related reports and maintain integrity
- Train appropriate staff in the use of budget templates, and the explanation of applicable Rainforest Alliance processes, procedures and tools;
- Perform calculations of various financial indicators for programs or departments as needed
- Coordinate with finance & accounting management to create/update accounting system cost codes and update mapping between systems for consolidation purposes
- Support and provide backup to royalty payment staff regarding Rainforest Alliance Inc. royalty invoicing process and payment collections.
- Serve as liaison with accounting team to consolidate invoicing processes of both PM teams
- Work closely with accounting and traceability systems team to ensure royalty invoicing processes are designed to enable analysis and reporting.
- Track royalty revenue trends.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting or Finance;
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in budgeting, financial reporting, and financial analysis;
- Familiarity with a multi-office, multi-national organizational environment; non-profit experience preferred;
- Strong work experience with computerized accounting systems and reporting tools; knowledge of Solomon/MS Dynamics SL a plus;
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills with advanced proficiency in Excel;
- Strong math, analytical and technical skills; highly organized, detail oriented and customer service oriented;
Commensurate with experience.
Only candidates authorized to work in US will be considered
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.