The Communications Manager Africa is responsible for developing and implementing a communication strategy for the Africa region, with a particular focus on West Africa. (S)he is the first point of contact for the global communications team, and works with the Africa team to meet regional communication needs. (S)he advises and supports local staff in the design and implementation of programs and communication initiatives, aligning with global communication strategy as well as institutional and donor requirements.
Management, strategy and content generation:
- In support of our global, regional and sub-regional strategic plans, (s)he will lead the development and implementation of an Africa regional communications strategy
- with a particular focus on the cocoa sector in West Africa
- together with the global communications team and other departments
- Lead on stakeholder mapping and developing key messages, storytelling assets and other communication materials, securing media placements
- Advise and support country-focused communications experts, and directly coordinate and execute work in countries where Rainforest Alliance does not have local communications capacity
- Work with the global communications team to ensure the work of the Rainforest Alliance in Africa is well represented in all global communications, gathering storytelling collateral, and advising on priorities
- Actively contribute to and participate in internal management processes to evaluate and improve our communications approach, enhance internal knowledge transfer, and coach local staff to build capacity to communicate effectively
- Represent the Rainforest Alliance as needed in meetings with collaborating businesses, organizations and other stakeholders when meetings relate to the communications and marketing strategies
- Directly cultivate and maintain results-based relationships with key regional media outlets; leveraging their networks and resources to amplify Rainforest Alliance’s messages, visibility and impacts
- Participate and develop project proposals related to communications.
- MSc or BS Degree in Communication
- Minimum of 7 years’ work experience in communications, including media management and social media.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
- Written and verbal proficiency in English and French.
- Knowledge of the cocoa sector and certification programs is strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals.
- Initiative, self-motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, dependability.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline to Apply:
Mar 6, 2020.
Only candidates authorized to work in Côte d’Ivoire will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.