Lead Transformational Innovations
The Rainforest Alliance wants achieve impact at scale – innovation is necessary to amplify our impact on the ground. The Transformational Innovation Lead is responsible for setting up, testing and scaling (a) transformational new business model(s) for the Rainforest Alliance. He/she will be responsible to design, test and iterate innovations in an independent way.
- Design and test (a) new business model(s) – based upon strategic direction from the Rainforest Alliance Board and Leadership Team;
- Engage with companies, NGOs, service providers and other relevant stakeholders to understand the needs of the stakeholders we work with and to follow trends and (technology) developments;
- Develop new partnerships and coalitions necessary to achieve innovative business models;
- Scale and grow tested solution(s) and ensure lessons learned can be used by the Rainforest Alliance to adjust our Innovation agenda and strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in Business Innovation. At least 10 years’ work experience, preferably in agricultural supply chains and international development;
- Entrepreneurial mindset and proven track record in launching and scaling new (lines of) business in an international setting;
- Experience with lean and agile ways of working and with developing tech/data-based solutions;
- Good understanding of trends and innovation in the area of environmental sustainability and social impact;
- Strategic and out-of-the box thinker, ability to persist and deal with resistance;
- French and/or Spanish language is a plus;
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of time
Commensurate with experience.
Mar 15, 2020
Only candidates authorized to work in US will be considered
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.