Senior Officer Certification Bodies Allocation
The Senior Officer Certification Bodies (CB) Allocation develops and operates the system for allocating certification bodies working with Rainforest Alliance to certificate holders, to guarantee consistency, credibility, higher compliance to assurance procedures and protocols to safeguard the integrity of the Rainforest Alliance certification system.
The Senior Officer CB Allocation is responsible for the following:
- Further develop and operate the system for allocation of CBs to certificate holders, starting in the cocoa sector in West Africa.
- Determining the criteria to be used, developing the scoring tool and any relevant template.
- Together with the Manager, CB Monitoring, analyze and update data for further developing and adjusting periodically the system based on feedback.
- Analyse data to define appropriate risk levels of CBs based on agreed criteria.
- Communicate the allocation of audits to CBs and coordinate the planning and timing of audits with them.
- Communicate the allocation of the CB to the certificate holder and ensure they comply with the contracting procedures.
- Provide information, receive, follow up and answer questions from internal and external stakeholders related to the CB Allocation system.
- Act as a point of contact for gathering feedback about the CB allocation system and the corresponding follow up, according to provided guidelines.
- Support quality assurance and monitoring of the CB performance in West Africa as required, as well as supporting other regular CB Monitoring activities.
- Other activities related to CB allocation system, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in agronomic engineering, agronomy, environmental science, international development or related.
- Five years of experience in certification systems and assurance.
- Fluent written and spoken in English and French.
- High level of proficiency/experience with data analysis/management using Excel.
- Great organizational and communication skills.
- Experience communicating with certification bodies and/or certificate holders in developing economies.
- Ability to communicate in culturally appropriate ways and respectfully with a range of different stakeholders.
- A team player
- Experience working in a multi stakeholder environment.
- Ability to set and manage multiple priorities.
- Self-initiative and requires minimum supervision.
Commensurate with experience.
Mar 20, 2020
Only candidates authorized to work in The Netherlands will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.