The Manager, Markets - India – grows the demand for our services in India guided by the Emerging Markets Lead of Core Markets and the Director South Asia in line with the Country strategy and plan for India. S/he contributes from planning to implementation of the Rainforest Alliance Marketing strategy and related programs that strengthen the Rainforest Alliance brand and impact, driving success through a combination of relationships and use of insights and analysis. S/he identifies opportunities and develops initiatives that allow us to position Rainforest Alliance as the preferred sustainability partner for target companies.
- Develop and implement a market strategy and implementation plan consistent with the country strategy and plan under supervision of the Director South Asia and Emerging Markets Lead.
- Act as contact person and account manager for existing Indian market partners of the Rainforest Alliance
- Proactively reaching out to potential new market partners to source Rainforest Alliance products
- Engage in relevant communications and PR tools (including social media), partnership platforms etc.
- Participate in and support cross-departmental groups/discussions to define and implement plans and initiatives to achieve Rainforest Alliance goals in India.
- Represent Rainforest Alliance in relevant platforms and discussions to position Rainforest Alliance as a leading organization and preferred partner in the sustainability discussion in India.
- Connect with relevant government bodies if needed.
- Ensuring client satisfaction with the team.
- Contribute to Project development and implementation in India.
- Perform other activities as agreed and when necessary.
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration, Business Economics or related field
- At least 7 years of experience working with commercial Business to Business accounts, Member Support and relevant stakeholders in the food/agricultural sector
- At least 5 years of experience relevant to supply chain management in India
- Experience in the coffee, tea and/or cocoa sector
- Understanding of/experience in sustainability and certification
- Experience developing and implementing business development, marketing, communication, PR, strategic plan.
- Proven commercial success and understanding of sales as a full-cycle process.
- Project management skills and experience is a plus
- Written and verbal proficiency in English and Hindi;
- Strong communicator and team player
- Ability to travel on a regular basis
Commensurate with experience.
April 9th, 2020
Only candidates authorized to work in India will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.