As Rainforest Alliance we believe in the value of data collected at field and company level. With the increasing update of technologies, the amount of data produced will lead to an exponential amount and growth of available information. Unlocking the value of the information and linking it to informed decision-making will enable our organization in reaching the goal of a world where human and nature thrive in harmony.
The Data Officer is responsible for delivering business intelligence (BI) for Rainforest Alliance in general and the certification program in particular. The Data Officer transforms certification and traceability data into actionable information, that supports the implementation and continuous improvement of Rainforest Alliance programs.
The position is placed in the self-organizing Business Intelligence unit of the Farm & Supply Chain department that supports Rainforest Alliance's certification and market programs.
The responsibility involves a wide range of data management activities:
- maintain good data quality,
- manipulate, extract and analyze certification and traceability data,
- work with stakeholders to understand their reporting needs,
- identify the most appropriate way to provide the information needed (Excel, data visualization tool, Power Point, etc.) based on stakeholders’ needs
- create and distribute the reports;
- train internal stakeholders to access the information they need.
- Master’s degree, preferably in Science or Data Science, or related field with 1 year of experience within a Data field; OR
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Science or Data Science, or related field with 3 - 5 years of experience within a Data field;
- Basic SQL knowledge;
- Proficient use of Excel;
- Use of visualization tools, like Power BI;
- Strong analytical mindset;
- Strong attention to details;
- Strong interest in sustainability and voluntary standards systems;
- Verbal and written communication skills in English. French and/or Spanish is a plus.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: April 15, 2019
Only candidates authorized to work in Guatemala will be considered
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com