Manager, LandScale Market Development & Partnerships
The Manager, LandScale Market Development & Partnerships will lead market development, stakeholder engagement, and customer experience for LandScale. S/he will play an essential role in strategically designing and targeting the launch, early adoption, and scaling-up of LandScale to maximize uptake and positive impact.
LandScale is a collaborative global initiative – co-led by the Rainforest Alliance, Verra, and the Climate, Community and Biodiversity Alliance with a growing set of additional partners – to drive greater investment, incentives, and action for sustainable landscape management around the world. It does so by providing a standardized approach and validation system for assessing landscape sustainability performance and trends for rural landscapes. This enables commodity buyers, investors, donors, NGOs, and local landscape stakeholders to take more effective decisions, monitor impacts, and drive incentives for integrated landscape management that protects natural ecosystems, promotes human wellbeing and full respect for human rights, improves governance, and ensures sustainable commodity supplies.
- Develop and implement LandScale’s Market development strategy, including prioritization of customer segments, development of compelling value propositions, and coordination with the LandScale communications lead to target LandScale’s brand, messaging, and materials to optimize uptake.
- Based on research on customer segments and fiscal analysis, develop viable revenue models for each core customer segment, in close coordination with the LandScale product development lead to identify key product functionalities to enable revenue generation. Work closely with Senior Manager, LandScale to incorporate these revenue models into the overall LandScale business plan.
- Develop and oversee a coordinated and prioritized approach for LandScale’s customer and stakeholder engagement, including with key influencers and related initiatives. Develop and ensure the use of key relationship management (KRM) protocols to coordinate relationship management by the entire LandScale team.
- Drive market uptake within the agreed-upon priority customer segments. Coordinate with Rainforest Alliance’s Markets team and supervise the work of consultants and/or staff to drive uptake and secure LandScale users.
- Build a portfolio of LandScale early users and ensure high levels of user satisfaction, with support of other LandScale team members. Ensure that learning from early users is captured and coordinated with the full LandScale team to harness this learning to adaptively improve the LandScale product, communicate use cases, and lay a foundation for broader uptake.
- Following the LandScale launch, develop and oversee processes for customer support, customer experience, and documentation of customer use cases and resulting on-the-ground impacts for broader promotion and marketing.
- Through engagement with LandScale early adopters, and in coordination with the LandScale Pilots lead, identify and test mechanisms through which LandScale could create new financial and market incentives for improvements in landscape sustainability.
- Manage and expand LandScale’s Global Partner community to facilitate knowledge exchange, maximize collaboration, stimulate positive engagement, and enlist Global Partners as allies in driving uptake.
We seek candidates who have strong familiarity with sustainability issues; expertise in climate, conservation, and development finance; experience marketing a new product or launching an initiative; superior written and verbal communication skills; and demonstrated experience as collaborative team players within complex partner-driven initiatives. You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in forestry, agriculture, natural resources, environmental management, international development, economics, or a related field; advanced degree is preferred;
- At least seven years of progressively responsible professional experience, preferably with experience working in or with developing countries;
- Familiarity with the finance sector, impact investors and/or multilateral funding agencies as pertains to their work on land use, land-based project investments, and sustainability issues;
- Strong understanding of sustainability issues; climate, conservation or development finance; landscape approaches; and commodity supply chain sustainability initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically manage concurrent projects and relationships, including organizational and planning skills, and the ability to track and communicate progress;
- Experience with and interest in being a primary external-facing representative of an initiative or organization, e.g., through events, networking, webinars, promotional activities, and/or social media;
- Positive and professional approach to collaboration, including strong facilitation skills, patience with group processes, and ability contribute to developing sound consensus-based decisions;
- Culturally aware with ability to work well with stakeholders and partners from different countries and cultures;
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25%;
- Written and spoken language ability in Spanish, French, Portuguese or Bahasa Indonesia is a plus.
Commensurate with experience.
Applications will be reviewed beginning Apr 30, 2020 and continued on a rolling basis until a successful candidate is selected.
This opportunity is available only to candidates authorized to work in the United States, UK and/or Netherlands.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org