Standards & Assurance Coordinator
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
Support the Quality of Implementation team in West & Central Africa in verifying, analysing and improving the compliance of Certificate Holders (members) with the RA standard (including both PM UTZ and RA programs until June 2021). This includes performing quality checks on audit reports, analysing data and managing databases supporting improvements to the RA assurance system in West & Central Africa to support the Cocoa Assurance Plan.
- Perform quality checks on audit reports for certificate holders in West & Central Africa (including from French speaking countries). Main countries are Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire, Cameroon and Nigeria
- Manage databases by updating and improving them frequently and provide regular reports to relevant colleagues.
- Act as a contact point for Certification Bodies in the sub-region for issues related to Certification Program data entry in Multi-Trace, GIP Marketplace Salesforce
- Provide information to certification bodies and internal stakeholders on the RA standards and the implementation of certification or protocol;
- Provide regular analysis of basic data from our certification systems regarding audit conduct, non-conformities, volume transactions and other relevant issues as requested
- Contribute to drafting, updating and distributing information and materials to certification bodies and certificate holders in West and Central Africa.
- Support the delivery of training to internal and external stakeholders on the implementation and improvement of RA certification standards and assurance processes
- Provide input for the development, implementation and execution of RA certification procedures and processes on data management
- Minimum 1 year experience in a functional area (volunteer and intern work considered)
- Bachelors degree/professional qualification in CSR, rural development or other relevant educational background;
- Fluency verbal and written communication skills in English and French
- Ability to organise and manage data, work experience with data bases is a plus
- Ability to understand and analyse data in various formats, aggregate information and report on trends and findings
- Knowledge of Certification Programmes (UTZ/RA) is a plus
- Knowledge of the cocoa supply chain is a plus
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook; familiar with the use of IT technologies
- Strong personal ethics and integrity and commitment to uphold the rules and values of the Rainforest Alliance
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline to apply:
May 27, 2020.
Only candidates authorized to work in the Netherlands will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com