Consultancy Implement the Communication Strategy, Brazil
With headquarters in New York City, Amsterdam and offices worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers. For more information, please visit http://www.rainforest-alliance.org/about.
Implement the communication strategy of Rainforest Alliance to position RA-Brazil as the partner-of-choice of producers, communities and companies of the country’s priority crops and landscapes’ supply chains.
To raise awareness among consumers, companies in our certification programs and other potential stakeholders willing to transform the way food is produced, sourced and consumed in main geographies identified.
- Create a digital marketing strategy for social media to position Rainforest Alliance work in Brazil and to raise awareness among consumers, companies and potential stakeholders in main geographic areas in Brazil’s overall strategy, aligning and/or contextualizing global consumer engagement and global communications strategy.
- Social Media:
- Create local social media channels: Instagram, Twitter and Facebook;
- Content management: Create, plan and follow up on social media channels focusing in engagement and conversion KPI. Content creation includes written, visual and audiovisual formats, aligned with global organizational content and position papers regarding main topics such as how to communicate about sustainability, global and local strategy, child labor, forced labor, reimagining certification, roll out of the new standard among others.
- Monitor and evaluate of social media channels and adjust KPIs to boost posts and increase the number of followers, engagement and marketing KPIs such as acquisition and conversion rates or others that adjust better to the marketing strategy.
- Coordinate with regional communications about organizational messaging and content, as well as communication strategies for all Latam countries.
- Coordinate with global consumer engagement coordinator when alignment with global strategy is needed..
- Produce content for the Brazilian blog in the Rainforest Alliance global page or other channels, including photographs, texts, videos or others.
- Support the local team creating external communication/marketing content and/or specific material, including but not limited to Brazil’s newsletter for producers, companies, NGOs, consumers about updates on certification program, landscapes and main topics.
- Support the local team to select best communication materials available in other languages in the global organization’s platforms to translate and adapt to the Brazilian strategy and context.
- Advise and coordinate with the Reputational Risk Management group, regional and global communication when needed
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Brazilian staff
- Any other communication needs addressed by the Brazilian staff
- Consultant must be registered as a juridical person in Brazil
- Communication and/or marketing professional with 5 years proven experience in digital marketing strategies for social media channels and communications for marketing in previous positions in national and/or international organizations,
- In-depth understanding of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Ability to identify target audience preferences and trends
- Experience in sustainability related themes such as agriculture, biodiversity, forestry, climate change and sustainable rural development
- Fluent in English and Portuguese
E. Level of effort, duration of contract and payment terms:
- The initial duration of the contract is from mid-July to December 2020. It might be extended in 2021.
- The Rainforest Alliance needs an availability of 20 hours/week to execute the proposed scope
- Payment will be monthly based on a daily/hourly rate or against deliverables approved by Rainforest Alliance
F. Application process
Applicants are requested to submit the following documents by no later than 6th of July 2020.
- Updated CV
- Portfolio of similar services provided to other companies/NGOs
- Three professional references
- Economic proposal