Senior Associate, Markets Excellence
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
Responsible for managing an evolving pipeline of projects on behalf of the Markets teams, that require the development of new or improved processes to support the Markets vision. Manage these projects through the ideation, design and build phases, ensuring cross-functional alignment and support as necessary.
- Utilise project management best practices to lead projects, and design and develop new ways of working that contribute to the continuous improvement of the Rainforest Alliance markets value propositions;
- Lead multiple projects within the portfolio, and ensure they maintain alignment within the overall vision;
- Collect, document, and facilitate decisions on requirements, and convene cross-functional project teams to align on the preferred approach to meet them; and
- Work with relevant teams to design, document, and implement the required changes.
- Unlock the potential for supply chain impact data to be utilised by partner companies in market facing claims by working closely with colleagues in Markets, IT, and Supply Chain departments;
- Define rules for impact attribution;
- Ensure processes to support results-based claims are scalable, and able to adapt to partner company brand positioning and market trends;
- Work with colleagues in Standard & Assurance to build processes that allow us to safeguard the credibility of any claims to be made;
- Design mechanisms to facilitate the identification of potential claim opportunities in partnership with the Markets Reporting team;
- Partner with the Customer Success team to build out new claim approvals processes that include new ways of working for these claims;
- Act as the functional process lead for Markets in the developing of new requirements for the newly launched CRM system for the Rainforest Alliance to improve links between other internal systems; and
- Other projects as required.
- BA Degree in Business Administration, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience; demonstrating strengths in effective process (re)design, and a good understanding of market requirements in the sustainability space
- Sound knowledge of how goods are transacted through supply chains, and the degrees of traceability that are possible
- Self-starter who can proactively connect with individuals from a broad range of departments and build a shared vision of success.
- Experience in managing business process change projects.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals.
- Written and verbal proficiency in English.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 15% per year, nationally and internationally.
Commensurate with experience.
Only candidates authorized to work in the US, UK or Netherlands will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org