At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
Time is running out to solve the complex and far-reaching environmental and socio-economic challenges facing our planet. Issues such as climate change, biodiversity loss, and water depletion will affect us all. LandScale is a new initiative to enable decision making and collaboration that drives sustainability at scale. We’re jointly led by the Rainforest Alliance, Verra, and the Climate, Community, & Biodiversity Alliance. Are you passionate about making a difference in the world? Join our team and help us work toward a more sustainable future.
We’re looking for a communications intern to help us build the LandScale brand and achieve our communication objectives. The ideal candidate will be available for at least 32 hours a week for 5-6 months starting in August or September 2020. You will support the development of targeted, on-brand communications materials. You’ll have the chance to build your marketing and communications skills through hands-on experience within a cross-functional team. The ideal candidate is a digital content enthusiast, with strong writing and design skills, and demonstrated interest and/or experience in sustainability issues.
- Help plan, create, and publish social media posts for Twitter and LinkedIn
- Assist in planning, writing, and managing our newsletters
- Help plan our participation in events (e.g. Innovation Forum and IUCN Congress)
- Compile analytics to track the impact of our communications
- Format presentations and documents using Google Docs
- Update the website when needed using WordPress
- Help edit fact sheets, presentations, and other communications materials
- Work with creative agencies to develop high impact communications
- Collaborate with the team on new ideas for marketing and communications
- Completed or working toward a university degree in a related field, e.g. Marketing, Communications, Media, Graphic Design
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Effective communicator, both written and oral
- Solutions-oriented, can effectively manage time and prioritize work
- Creative with a strong understanding of communication best practices
- Enthusiasm for the mission of the Rainforest Alliance and LandScale
- Previous experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Proficiency in Adobe creative tools (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) desired
- Knowledge of HTML and graphic design a plus
- Full English fluency required
REMUNERATION: €300 gross per month based upon full time hours, plus travel costs.
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed beginning August 7, 2020 and continue on a rolling basis until a successful candidate is selected.
The internship is a minimum 24 hours/week for active students finishing their degrees. The position will be based in Amsterdam and is open to applicants of all nationalities living in the Netherlands. We can only consider candidates who have, will get or are eligible for a Dutch work and residency permit. Starting date of the assignment is as soon as possible. The duration of the internship is minimum 5 months. The desired start date is end of August/early September. Please send a CV, cover letter, and writing and/or design examples.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com