Markets Reporting Manager
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
This position is responsible for the ongoing consistent and timely delivery of reporting capabilities to support the global markets function, including the delivery of bespoke analyses and forecasts, and the operational ownership of standardised self-service approaches catering to both internal and external users. Such reporting is being built to include supply and demand analyses, supply chain, commodity and market trend breakdowns, development of forecasting and scenario capabilities and performance reports set up to drive positive interventions and investments by companies in their supply chains.
As the business process owner for markets reporting, (s)he has overall accountability for ensuring that market reporting requirements are accurately represented within continuous improvement projects and ensure these are suitably prioritised and implemented
(S)he manages a team of two staff members, and works closely with the team and the Project Manager for Supply Chain Transparency to bring a greater number of queries towards self-service Business Intelligence capabilities and help the team focus on the more complex analyses. (S)he needs to work across various departments and with external providers to ensure that the team has the access, data, tools, knowledge, and processes / channels necessary to fulfil these needs and ensure that the maximum value is delivered and extracted from the various data sources.
This is an exciting opportunity to help build, shape and manage our markets reporting agenda, ensuring that we unlock the potential of data at our disposal, using it to drive strategic decisions and increase our positive impact in commodity supply chains.
- Ensures that relevant stakeholders (internal and external) have ongoing and facilitated access to self-service market reports based on:
- Rainforest Alliance datasets (certified volumes, origins, performance and compliance information, financials, trademark usage, relationship data etc);
- Complementary external data (consumer insights, market intelligence etc), and insights;
- The appropriate interpretation and analysis across commodities, markets and customers.
- Manage the markets reporting team to ensure organization and delivery of all markets reporting work;
- Prioritise and manage the team’s day to day deliverables;
- Monitor requests and usage to identify opportunities for improvement and standardisation across the different markets departments and customer base;
- Work to ensure that the reports provide maximum value to external stakeholders and drive more sustainable business practices;
- Critically review requests and new requirements for potential risks of misuse and/or misinterpretation.
- Work closely with the Farm & Supply Chain Intelligence (F&SCI) department to optimise and align on reporting request channels and processes;
- Support the Data Excellence Program in designing and creating policies, processes and systems for effective data governance and management;
- Responsible for the strategic assessment and procurement of market intelligence and other external sources as deemed appropriate for markets;
- Ensure a healthy balance is maintained between responding to existing queries and building out capabilities for self-service.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in relevant field;
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience, demonstrating team management skills and the ability to set and maintain strategic direction, whilst still getting into the details as necessary;
- Superior data analysis skills, and the ability to extract key insights from large sets of data;
- Strong knowledge of business intelligence tools and use, data analytics, and self-service reporting and analytics development;
- Good understanding of data and reporting requirements up and downstream in the supply chain, drivers, and the ability to consider likely scenarios for data use;
- Working knowledge of international commodity supply chains, such as tea, coffee, cocoa, palm oil, fruits and forest products an advantage;
- Ability to travel up to 20% per year, including internationally.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline to apply:
December 3rd, 2020
Only candidates authorized to work in the Netherlands, the US or UK will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.