Associate, Regional Support
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Associate, Regional Support will support the Chief Regional Officer (CRO) in all aspects of their responsibilities, including general administrative as well as strategically managing their time by coordinating daily activities. The Associate will be responsible for assisting the CRO in all areas of executive operations and coordinate communications across programs and units. While this position is responsible for providing administrative support, s/he will also be involved in ad-hoc projects and research as assigned. To achieve this s/he will coordinate closely with country and regional directors, global counterparts and departments.
- The Associate Regional Support will be responsible for assisting the CRO in all areas of executive operations and coordinate internal communications and reporting across the portfolio and organization as needed;
- Contribute to overall team success by tracking status of action points and ensuring follow up with necessary parties;
- In collaboration with the Senior Advisor, Project Monitoring & Evaluation and Quality Assurance, ensure the existing regional online active project list is up to date and relevant grant information is readily available;
- Support the CRO in specific ad hoc technical coordination activities, that require inputs from across the three regions;
- Coordinate all aspects of key internal and external meeting preparation, including communications with relevant participants, logistics, agendas and materials preparation, as well as meeting minutes, follow-up, including tracking reports and correspondence;
- Assist in developing internal and external Regions presentations in PowerPoint and other formats, and maintaining an inventory of existing presentations;
- Conduct targeted research and outreach on key trends and issues, monitor results of strategic multi-stakeholder platforms, and share insights;
- Prioritize conflicting schedules; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and assure successful follow-through, with minor supervision;
- Provide general administrative support as needed, such as making group travel arrangements, and
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelors’ or advanced degree. Preferably in the area of natural resource management, forestry, agriculture, climate change or a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in supporting executive leaders (C-suite), preferably in an international context
- Direct experience in certification and bi-lateral and multi-lateral grants preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Fully English-Spanish bilingual, with demonstrated capacity writing in English.
- Demonstrated critical-thinking and problem-solving ability. Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of an international team.
- Commitment to the Rainforest Alliance mission and values.
- Ability to regularly work before and after office hours.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: October 31, 2020
Only candidates authorized to work in Guatemala will be considered
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org