At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Manager, Markets grows the demand for Rainforest Alliance certified products and sustainability services to companies in India, with the support of two markets consultants and an international markets team. S/he is guided by the Director, South Asia based in Delhi and the Emerging Markets Lead, based in Europe, in line with the sub-regional strategy and market plan. The postholder leads from planning to implementation of the Rainforest Alliance markets strategy and related programs that strengthen the Rainforest Alliance brand and impact, driving success through a combination of relationships and use of insights and analysis. The postholder identifies opportunities and develops initiatives that allow us to position Rainforest Alliance as the preferred sustainability partner for target companies.
- Lead and implement a market strategy and implementation plan consistent with the country strategy and with the relevant sector strategies;
- Explore and develop opportunities for partnerships to grow the sectors;
- Lead a corporate advisory business development and implementation plan for tea, palm oil, coffee and spices;
- Manage and further develop existing Indian market partners of the Rainforest Alliance, including advising them on marketing and communications activities;
- Proactively reach out to potential new market partners to source Rainforest Alliance products and engage companies to support Rainforest Alliance’s mission through partnership with companies;
- Develop a marketing/social media strategy for the domestic market;
- Participate in and support cross-departmental groups/discussions to define and implement plans and initiatives to achieve Rainforest Alliance goals in India;
- Represent Rainforest Alliance in relevant platforms and discussions to position Rainforest Alliance as a leading sustainability organization in India;
- Contribute to market facing project development and implementation in India, including corporate advisory services for key market actors;
- Participate in South Asia management and team meetings;
- Support the outreach to key stakeholders as required;
- Support the Sri Lanka markets consultant to develop and deliver the tea markets plan;
- Perform other markets-related activities as agreed and when necessary.
- Master’s in business administration, Business Economics or related field;
- At least 5 years of experience working with the commercial sector on business accounts, member support and relevant stakeholders in the food and/or agricultural sector;
- At least 5 years of experience relevant to supply chain management in India;
- Experience in the food sector and some knowledge of the coffee, tea and/or cocoa sector is an asset;
- Understanding of/experience in sustainability and certification;
- Experience developing and implementing business development, marketing, communication, PR, strategic plan;
- Written and verbal proficiency in English and Hindi;
- Strong communicator;
- Team player, with excellent skills to engage companies on business development and advise them on sustainability strategies;
- Ability to travel on a regular basis.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: December 15, 2020
Only candidates authorized to work in India will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org