Standards and Assurance Officer, Costa Rica
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
This role is for acting as first point of contact on RA Standards and Assurance and monitor and assess adherence to these by both Certificate Holders and Certification Bodies and supports country-specific Quality of Implementation projects where knowledge on the assigned topic is part of it.
This role will work closely together with regional representative and local staff to address credibility issues in their context and in the LATAM region.
- Gives support, answers questions, gives information and advice - via e-mail and by phone- to the Standards & Assurance team, country Directors, overseas colleagues and Certification Bodies on the RA standards and the implementation of certification rules;
- Reviews and interprets audit results, as well as licences, checks credibility cases and compliance, solves problems and/or makes recommendations if necessary and as a Standards Officer, also handles and interprets certificates;
- Reports the results from the audit result checks and interpretations for the Regional Plans and Certification Bodies monitoring plans;
- Identifies standards or assurance needs and passes this on to the Senior Standards & Assurance Officers in the Region;
- Provide support to the Senior Standards & Assurance Officers in workshops, trainings and/or webinars based on training needs assessments and the training modules to Certification Bodies and occasionally to Certificate Holders and supply chain actors;
- Supports the implementation and execution of the Standards & Assurance LATAM annual plan and activities;
- Provides input for and supports the development, design and implementation of certification procedures and processes, Standards & Assurance policies and new standards and monitors its execution and compliance.
- Bachelor in natural resource management, agriculture or a related field or equivalent professional experience; or
- Min 3 years of experience, preferably on a sustainability theme relevant to the organisation;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook with a demonstrated experience in accounting software and working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Foreign Language Skills Fluency verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English
- Travel Requirements: Ability and willingness to travel at least 20% of the time nationally and internationally.
- Demonstrated commitment to the RA mission and values.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: January 22, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in Costa Rica will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, colour, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com