Power BI Specialist
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
At Rainforest Alliance, we believe in the value of data. We want our organization and stakeholders to make data-driven decisions. The Data Excellence unit is enabling this vision, by managing an enterprise data warehouse, building data analytics capability and improving data management practices across the organization.
Power BI is the cornerstone of the data analytics and visualization capabilities within the Rainforest Alliance. As the main Power BI specialist, you will report directly into the Senior Manager, Data Excellence.
As a Power BI Specialist, you will play a key role in implementing Power BI across the organization, for easy access to information. You will act as a project manager and capacity builder. As a project manager, you will ensure that Power BI Premium is rolled out for internal and external use. You will work together with the Technology department and the business to ensure a smooth roll out. You will be responsible for the good management of the Power BI Premium tenant.
In order to support our ambition for Self-Service BI, you will build internal Power BI capability, ensuring that Data Analysts are fully trained, supported and have the means to improve their Power BI knowledge.
We would like you to innovate in our use of Power BI and look into embedding dashboards into our external facing websites and platforms.
If you are a Power BI specialist and want to use your skills for a good cause, come and join us!
As the Power BI specialist, you will drive the adoption of Power BI across the organization.
As a Power BI innovator, you will:
- Propose innovations that accelerate Rainforest Alliance mission and positions the organization as an early adopter;
- Work with different areas of the business to embed dashboards into external facing products, to increase transparency into Rainforest Alliance program.
As the owner of the Rainforest Alliance's Power BI Premium tenant, you will:
- Configure and manage the Power BI tenant settings;
- Manage Power BI Premium capacities;
- Monitor & Audit user activities around PBI;
- Coordinate with the O365 & Azure team; and
- Gateway & server management.
As a Power BI Subject Matter Expert, you will build PBI knowledge within Rainforest Alliance:
- Maintain the Power BI governance framework materials;
- Build and support the adoption of Power BI across the organization and different audiences;
- Create PBI workspaces;
- Manage the user communities around Power BI;
- Help with Power BI implementations, including creation of reports and dashboards;
- Assess and certify PBI production solutions; and
- Assist the business in the roll-out of PBI to external users.
- 5-7 years professional work experience to include the following in Power BI:
- Experience managing PowerBI Premium end-to-end (mandatory),
- Experience implementing secure and governed data sharing (role-based access, row level security etc.) (mandatory),
- Extensive Knowledge of the PBI governance framework (mandatory),
- Experience in applying data sharing rules to external reporting (mandatory),
- Experience with data visualization and analytics in PowerBI (mandatory),
- Good knowledge of security & auditing around PBI,
- Good knowledge of gateway & sever management;
- Strong interpersonal skills, experience interacting with all levels of management, and different cultures;
- Ability to transform complex technical data, language and jargon into clear messaging for different audiences;
- Works well in multi-disciplinary teams;
- Process and result oriented;
- Proactive and analytical approach;
- Fully fluent in English;
- Experience with multi-national organizations (non-profit is a plus).
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: April 16, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in The Netherlands and the United Kingdom will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org