Senior Data Visualization Officer
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
As Rainforest Alliance we believe in the value of data. We want our organization and our stakeholders to be able to make data-driven decisions. Therefore, it is key that they can access the information they need in an easy, timely and digestible way.
As a Senior Data Visualization Officer, you will play a key role in implementing Power BI across the organization, for easy access to information. You will act as a project manager and capacity builder.
As a project manager, you will ensure that Power BI is rolled out for internal and external use. You will work together with IT and the business to ensure a smooth roll out. You will be responsible for the good management of the Power BI tenant.
In order to support our ambition for Self-Service BI, you will build internal Power BI capability, ensuring that Data Analysts are fully trained, supported and have the means to improve their Power BI knowledge.
You will be part of the Data Excellence unit. This unit enables the organization to make better use of its data by developing the data warehouse, building data analysis capability, increasing data management and governance.
- Power BI Admin - As the owner of the Rainforest Alliance's Power BI platform
- Configure and manage the Power BI tenant settings
- Manage Power BI Premium capacities
- Monitor & Audit user activities around PBI
- Coordinate with the O365 & Azure team
- Gateway & server management
- Power BI Subject Matter Expert - Build PBI knowledge within Rainforest Alliance:
- Maintain the Power BI governance framework materials
- Build and support the adoption of Power BI across the organization and different audiences
- Create PBI workspaces
- Manage the user communities around Power BI
- Help with Power BI implementations, including creation of reports and dashboards
- Assess and Certify PBI production solution
- Assist the business in the roll-out of PowerBI to external users
- Power BI experience:
- Experience managing PowerBI Premium end-to-end (mandatory)
- Experience implementing secure and governed data sharing (role based access, row level security etc.) (mandatory)
- Extensive Knowledge of the PBI governance framework (mandatory)
- Experience in applying data sharing rules to external reporting (mandatory)
- Experience with data visualization and analytics in PowerBI (mandatory)
- Good knowledge of security & auditing around PBI
- Good knowledge of gateway & sever management
- Strong interpersonal skills; experience interacting with all levels of management, and different cultures;
- Works well in multi-discipline teams;
- Process and result oriented;
- Proactive and analytical approach;
- Fluent English;
- Experience with multi-national organizations (non-profit is a plus).
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: February 28th, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in the UK or Netherlands will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com