Social Media Manager
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Social Media Manager sets the organization’s social media strategy, sets KPIs for engagement and delivery and works with colleagues in the Creative and Consumer Engagement to ensure the delivery of the strategy.
- Develops and owns the Rainforest Alliance Owned social media strategy, based on the organizations Brand and Communications objectives;
- Set goals objectives and KPIs in line with the Social Media strategy;
- Identify Influencer and other content opportunities and align influencer cooperation with other teams as appropriate;
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content;
- Work closely with Consumer Engagement to ensure alignment between Paid and Owned Social Media;
- Work closely with other teams to ensure all Social Media activity is aligned with and supports the organization’s Brand and Communication objectives, as well as the alignment with of other teams, including
- Web Team
- Trade Marketing
- Communication, including Media
- Brief the Creative Team to drive the development of appropriate content for the Social Media channels;
- Utilize data-driven evaluations and insights to develop and implement best practices and continuously improve our Social Media presence by making recommendations for necessary adjustments;
- Draft plans for social media campaigns and “moments,” calibrating the investment of resources and staff time to meet organizational objectives;
- Monitor real-time conversation on social channels; analyze longer-term trends, advise and feed back into editorial content strategy;
- Monitor RA social media channels for risk exposure, supporting Reputation & Issues manager;
- Enforces RA’s brand voice and protect the brand across all social media platforms, including analysis and feedback of Markets content on Twitter and LinkedIn.
- BA Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field;
- 5 years of relevant experience
- Hands-on experience with social media management for brands;
- Experience with Social Media management and tracking tools
- Ability to interpret online engagement metrics;
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels;
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask;
- Excellent interpersonal skills working professionally with individuals at executive and management levels;
- Experience working in global, cross functional and matrix organizations;
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills in both English and ideally at least one other language
- Knowledge and commitment to sustainability practices, and environmental and social issues;
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: April 16, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in The United States will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com