Strategic Account Manager Coffee Trader
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Strategic Account Manager Coffee Trader is responsible for managing key global coffee trader relationships that are core to advancing our mission impact in the coffee sector.
In this capacity s/he is responsible for developing account strategy in line with sector plans to facilitate advancement of these plans. S/he is also responsible for positioning Rainforest Alliance as a sustainability partner adding value to the sustainability ambitions of these organizations, to be able to leverage opportunities for advancing impact.
- Build and implement a trader strategy that helps advance the key priorities for coffee and for our work with global trade as relevant;
- Build specific account strategy and plans for key trader relationships to maximize opportunity for growth and impact;
- Manage relationships with these partners;
- Regularly meeting with corporate partner contacts, from executive to specialist departments, to review progress against commitments, investigate opportunities for further collaboration and proactively address sector and supply chain risks;
- Collaborate with other units in Markets Transformation and departments as needed to understand developments in the sectors, market innovations, key markets and best practices across regions, to provide account partner with up to date opportunities and to position Rainforest Alliance as a key leader in the sustainability sector;
- Build a strong relationship with the relevant stakeholders within the key global traders to be abreast of the client’s sustainability strategy and any opportunities this strategy provides;
- Work closely with the Strategic Cocoa Trader Account Manager to oversee the range of initiatives Rainforest Alliance implements with the key global traders;
- Share account strategy and information with other units in Markets Transformation, as well as other touchpoints internally; and
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Business Economics or related;
- 8+ years of experience in corporates in supply chain or sustainability or equivalent experience in managing large volume key accounts in the sector in question;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with a commodity trader within trading, data and analytics or sustainability departments, or as a commodity trader at a global manufacturer or brand;
- Strategic and analytical thinker;
- Strong relationship management skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Willingness & ability to travel up to 20% of time.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: May 14, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in the countries in which we are registered will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com