Senior Associate Customer Success
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Senior Associate Customer Success supports the initiatives of the Rainforest Alliance’s business partners in East and South Africa along the global supply chain (e.g. producers, exporters, traders, importers, manufacturers, retailers, etc.) to promote Rainforest Alliance certified products. The Senior Associate Customer Success interacts with the different sector companies, gives advice and troubleshoots their navigation through Rainforest Alliance systems to assure compliance with Trademark, Chain of Custody and Traceability requirements. The Senior Associate Customer Success uses best practices in Customer Success processes, optimizes customer experiences and enhances the mission and impact of the organization. Customer satisfaction, troubleshooting and data analysis are guiding principles in this work. Successful candidates must be social, analytical, possess an aptitude for learning and using new software, and be able to communicate clearly and effectively. The ideal Senior Associate Customer Success should engage with customers, maximize value, and create strategies to grow our customer base.
- Respond to general trade inquiries from producers, companies, organizations and individuals wishing to source and/or promote products with crops from farms with the Rainforest Alliance certification;
- Have professional interactions (e.g. introduction and follow up meetings, trainings, webinars) with companies in the different sectors (including, processors, traders, manufacturers, retailers) and walk them through the Rainforest Alliance customer journey, providing them with information on the implementation of supply chain requirements including traceability, Rainforest Alliance Standard requirements, and use of the certification seal, licensing, mass balance and mutual recognition where applicable with the aim of promoting supply and demand of certified products;
- Provide information and technical support to producers, exporters, importers, trading companies and other stakeholders on the trading procedures of certified products and troubleshoot clients as they navigate the Rainforest Alliance certification, traceability and trademark systems;
- Set the Chain of Custody Risk Assessment (CRA) and Standard Risk Assessment (SRA) applicability for new registrants to Rainforest Alliance certification according to their profile and reach out to them as needed;
- Gather farmer and markets intelligence information in order to help cultivate an increase in Rainforest Alliance Certified seal use in East and South Africa;
- Support organization goals and projects in coordination with Rainforest Alliance experts in local, regional and global teams as needed and regularly share inputs and feedback about customer success processes to support continuous improvement activities;
- Willing to do new assignments in a reasonable time and share expertise on internal competence in the RA program when the Director East Africa or line manager suggests;
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, ideally in sustainable marketing, communications or business;
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience in administrative, customer service, tech support or communication roles in a professional office environment;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with traders and or working in a direct sales position;
- Understanding and experience of sustainability and certification programs is highly desired;
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills in English, Kiswahili is plus;
- Interpersonal abilities and openness to interact with other cultures with tact and diplomacy;
- Positive attitude, with strong organizational and time management skills;
- High attention to detail, analytical and strong customer orientation;
- Ability to interpret and explain guidelines and requirements to others;
- Comfortable with the use of Teams, Zoom or other online communication tools;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications;
- Willingness and ability to travel 30%.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: April 9, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in Kenya will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org