Senior Associate Corporate Reputation
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Senior Associate for Corporate Reputation will be part of the larger Marketing and Communications team. This role will support the Lead, Corporate Reputation and Issue Management in providing communications support to address and mitigate reputational risks and critical stories in the media that threaten the global reputation of the Rainforest Alliance, its brand and value in European (CEST) markets including UK, NL, Germany, France among others.
This is a Senior Associate role that will support reputational risk management for European time zones. The role will work with cross-functional teams including various functions within Communications and Marketing, Advocacy, Markets, Standards & Assurance, Regional Teams, Legal others to provide real-time responses to critical stories and erroneous reporting in the media. The Senior Associate Corporate Reputation will serve as the primary contact and internal point person in European time zones for any reputational risks that may have an adverse effect on the public perception of the Rainforest Alliance and its external stakeholders including companies, NGOs and other key partners.
The Senior Associate Corporate Reputation will support the Lead Corporate Reputation manager in gathering critical data, metrics, and stories from the field and other vital information to address the challenges inherent in carrying out the mission of the Rainforest Alliance in European markets. He/she must have a basic understanding of certification and sustainability challenges and be able to translate highly technical information into accessible messaging for businesses, civil society, and the environmental/sustainability community at large.
- Provide rapid response to counter negative and/or erroneous reporting of the Rainforest Alliance’s work in European-based markets (UK, NL, and Germany being the priorities.) This role will work closely with European media lead on reputational risks which originate or are amplified via European media outlets.
- On an as-needed basis and in close collaboration with Lead Corporate Reputation manager, regional teams and other relevant staff, develop organizational public statements, messaging and other communications collateral, which are aligned with organisational objectives as well as all internal policies and RA’s core reputational risk protocol.
- Work with social media team to help provide social media monitoring and social media rapid response in European time zones.
- Support Lead Corporate Reputation manager in providing internal reports and updates on all reputational risks including media coverage and/or feedback from other relevant stakeholders including companies, civil society, consumers, etc.
- Support Lead Corporate Reputation manager in developing evergreen messaging to address sensitive and complex matters that may impact companies and global brands that work with the Rainforest Alliance in certification and other areas of intervention.
- Work with internal teams across to build strong internal relationships and a professional rapport that helps to manage risks effectively and efficiently.
- Under the guidance of the Lead Corporate Reputation manager, participate in various task forces and internal committees in developing action plans to address ongoing challenges in European markets, which help to provide insights and solutions in best practices in reputational risk management.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or other relevant fields; Or equivalent of experience and education.
- Five years experience in communications, non-profit, government or business communications;
- Must have a working knowledge of certification schemes and sustainable supply chains as well as key environmental and social issues including human rights, climate change, deforestation, and corporate responsibility;
- Must be able to adhere to tight deadlines and maintain ability to shift priorities based on urgent and changing needs of the organization;
- Must have business-level English written, verbal, interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- Strong project management and organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently on a wide range of tasks and projects;
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment;
- Must be able to work independently and adhere to tights deadlines;
- Fluency in English required; additional languages like Spanish, French or German are a plus.
Commensurate with experience.
Salary: April 9, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in the Netherlands and/or the UK will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: email@example.com