At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The role of Business Architect is to optimize business processes to deliver on strategic goals. The Business Architect looks at how processes need to change to deliver on business goals. They help to streamline and rationalize the data and IT enablement processes, in line with business process changes. This position reports to the CFO.
The scope of the Business Architect is organization wide, but for the first 2 years the focus is on optimizing the Rainforest Alliance 2020 Certification Program.
- Optimize the efficiency and “fitness for purpose” of the business architecture of the 2020 certification system
- Define the future business architecture on rolling 2 year horizon.
- This shows how the different components work together and contribute to the goals of the certification program
- Ensure outputs of individual processes are meeting the needed value proposition
- Maintains an up to date version of the current business architecture.
- Catalogue existing processes and dependencies
- Identify existing dependencies across various RC processes and owners
- Ensure accepted processes are commonly and consistently applied to all relevant functional departments
- Ensure shared understanding of where outputs of one process become inputs for other processes
- Creates and updates an integrated roadmap to move from current to future business architecture.
- Drive and manage business process changes
- Identify content dependencies not currently being address and manage solutions with relevant teams
- Review process changes, identify interdependencies and drive solutions
- Managing process change by documenting procedures and presenting new process designs to stakeholders for discussion.
- Makes policy documents to support process changes
- Communicate with the stakeholders about process improvement changes
- Assist in roll-out of the process changes and software changes to the regions
- Maintaining the network of Business Process owners (BPO). Organize occasional meetings as needed with all Process owners
- Facilitate the implementation of process improvement decisions taken by the Process owners for all departments and in the Regions
- Ensure cohesion between business process, data and technology
- Align the future business process architecture with data & technology architectures
- Steer and facilitate decision making and implementation towards the future business architecture
- Make recommendations for priorities and aligned resource planning across process, data and technology roadmaps.
- Facilitate redesign process by describing business requirements and share information
- Organizes workshops with Business & leads, data and tech around process improvement initiatives
- Assess software modifications against process changes
- 10 years in international NGO or social enterprise
- 5 years in Supply Chain organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; with required fluency in English (Spanish a plus)
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance
- The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies
- The ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions
- The ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to the organization and to high-priority business issues
- Experience using model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business
- The ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- Extensive experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives
- Experience modelling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: April 30, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in Kenya, Mexico, or India will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org