Public Affairs Manager - Germany
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
As part of the Advocacy & Themes department you will manage the Rainforest Alliance’s engagement with government and civil society Germany. Representing Rainforest Alliance’s corporate interests with key Governmental departments and civil society.
Working with the Public Affairs Lead, Europe and Advocacy Leads you will help steer the influencing strategy within Germany.
Through building networks, influencing policy makers and positioning the Rainforest Alliance you will contribute to supporting our organisational sustainability mission.
- Implement the Rainforest Alliance engagement strategy with the German government;
- Manage Public Affairs Strategy for Germany;
- Coordinate government and civil society engagement in Germany with colleagues across the Advocacy & Markets Transformation team;
- Ensure the Rainforest Alliance’s interests and mission are well positioned in policy making within Germany on key priority issues as defined with Head of Advocacy and Public Affairs Lead, Europe;
- Establish and maintain contact relating to policy networks, building stable and trusted relations with key policy makers, NGOs and corporate public affairs staff;
- Provide regular briefings for senior management on developments in the Germany pertaining to the Rainforest Alliance and our mission;
- Analyse policy developments within the Germany;
- Write policy briefs for relevant stakeholders;
- Represent the Rainforest Alliance in external meetings and events; and
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor degree in Public Policy, European Affairs, Sustainable Development or other relevant fields.
- 7 years experience in advocacy or policy influencing role.
- Network with policy makers in Germany.
- Experience in working in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Experience working with networks and civil society partners on influencing strategies.
- Knowledge of the cocoa, coffee or banana sector would be an asset.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and able to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals.
- Fluency in English and German required.
- Some travel may be required.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: May 19, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in Germany will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org