Manager, Supply Chain Monitoring & Evaluation
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
We are looking for a self-motivated, creative and results oriented Supply Chain Monitoring & Evaluation Manager to join our Markets Innovation team. The team is focused on designing and implementing tailored supply chain services, including monitoring and evaluation, to support companies to improve sustainability performance with their supply chain. The position will report to the Senior Manager, Markets Innovation. We are looking for someone who will thrive in a fast paced, competitive environment.
Specifically, this position will manage and execute monitoring and evaluation projects with private sector partners in coffee, cocoa, and other key sectors. The individual will manage a small team of technical and field support staff to manage M&E project design, data collection, analysis, and communication with company partners. The individual will also be responsible to shape future service offers about this area of engagement, and support Rainforest Alliance’s efforts to incorporate indicator data in the new Rainforest Alliance certification standard.
The ideal candidate is technologically savvy, possessing good communication skills, rigorous attention to detail, and is passionate about environmental issues.
- Oversee and manage existing supply chain monitoring and evaluation projects to ensure timely and high-quality delivery of work
- Provide direction and support to 3-4 staff members responsible for coordinating data collection and data analysis.
- Communicate key M&E findings to company partners and RA internal teams
- Contextualize M&E findings with insight and experience from coffee, cocoa, and other sectors, using relevant secondary research and field observation
- Design and advise on M&E systems and indicators on new and existing projects
- Guide data analysis activities by managing for best practices and securing additional resources where needed
- Manage project budgets and identify project management needs
- Education: Advanced degree in natural resources, environmental management, or economics
- Work Experience: Minimum 8 years’ experience in related field, and 4 years work experience with monitoring and evaluation
- Minimum 4 years’ experience with private sector sustainability activities in the coffee, cocoa, banana, or tea sector
- Technical Skills: Advanced knowledge of statistics and data
- Communication Skills: Excellent English writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Foreign Language Skills: Fluency in foreign language such as French, Spanish, or Portuguese preferred
- General Work Behaviours / Skills: Strong organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner; excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact culturally, linguistically, and diplomatically with diverse internal and external individuals
- Travel Requirements: Ability to travel a minimum of 20% per year, internationally
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: May 21, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in all countries in which we are registered will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org