Senior Associate, Supply Chain Monitoring & Evaluation
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
At the Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a resourceful and results oriented Senior Associate, Supply Chain Monitoring & Evaluation to join our team in Côte d’Ivoire and Ghana and work in close collaboration with the Markets Innovation team. The Markets Innovation team is focused on designing and implementing tailored supply chain services, including monitoring and evaluation, to support companies to improve sustainability performance within their supply chain.
Specifically, this position will ensure day-to-day management of supply chain Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) projects in West Africa, focusing on cocoa and coffee. The postholder will manage data collection campaigns, support data analysis, and contextualize M&E results with observation and insight about coffee and cocoa farming practices in West Africa.
The ideal candidate possesses strong organizational skills aptitude for quantitative analysis, rigorous attention to detail, and is enthusiastic about environmental issues.
- Manage Supply Chain M&E projects in West Africa, including activities such as survey design, enumerator training, and data collection campaigns;
- Support data collection teams by explaining M&E concepts, describing basic cocoa and coffee production practices, and arranging logistics;
- Support data analysis, including data entry, quality control, and statistical analysis;
- Coordinate with team members to analyse and interpret M&E results against the context of coffee and cocoa production and sustainability challenges in West Africa;
- Provide support to Rainforest Alliance’s West Africa strategy implementation, where needed
- Ability to travel to remote locations mainly in Côte d’Ivoire and occasionally in Ghana
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, international development, social sciences, economics, ecology, natural resources management, or a related field;
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in monitoring and evaluation or agricultural supply chains;
- Knowledge of M&E and verification best practices and tools related to agricultural supply chains and/ or rural development;
- Fluency in English and French;
- Ability to work independently and with multi-disciplinary teams, multi-task and work under tight deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including preparing technical reports and presenting and visualizing monitoring data;
- Experience in coffee/cocoa supply chains
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: May 14, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in Côte d´Ivoire will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org