Manager, Coffee Field Innovations
At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The position will sit in the Markets Innovation unit of the Markets Transformation department of Rainforest Alliance, working with a team of individuals who design and implement tailored supply chain services, to support companies to improve sustainability performance within their supply chain.
Specifically, the individual will lead a tailored service for a key coffee account, overseeing coffee innovation and regenerative agriculture programs for coffee supply chains in Latin America and around the world. The individual will be responsible for overseeing field assessments, training M&E partners, facilitating results-based claims, and identifying areas of performance improvement related to regenerative agriculture practices in the field.
- Lead the creation of technical guidelines and manuals on regenerative agriculture, with support from Rainforest Alliance technical experts
- Lead the creation of evaluation frameworks, with support from Rainforest Alliance technical experts and assurance team members
- Coordinate with Rainforest Alliance field teams to synthesize, report, and support their activities
- Train field partners and monitoring and evaluation partners on technical content and evaluation methods
- Support the administration of field assessments conducted by various field partners
- Analyze field results and identify potential results-based claims
- Facilitate the generation of results-based claims with internal departments of Rainforest Alliance
- Advise company and supply chain actors on incentives and techniques to improve sustainability performance from their sourcing regions
- Report and communicate project activities and results to the company and other relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Support project management, budgeting, and reporting
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in agriculture, natural resources management, or a related field;
- At least 8 years of work experience in coffee production, sourcing, auditing, or research
- Advanced knowledge of coffee agronomy, climate smart agriculture, and regenerative agriculture / agroecology
- Advanced skills in statistical analysis and written communication
- Fluency in English and Spanish, Portuguese would be an asset
- Ability to work independently and with multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams, multi-task and work under tight deadlines;
- Project management and ability to organize multiple tasks and priorities
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: June 26, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in Guatemala, Costa Rica and Colombia will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department: firstname.lastname@example.org