Need to be a US Citizen or US Resident living in Los Angeles
The IT Systems / Network Administrator leads and performs all activities associated with the corporate data network, including design, maintenance and daily support activities. This includes all networking systems, including WAN/LAN/Telephony and wireless infrastructure. The IT Systems / Network Administrator also performs maintenance procedures on networking hardware, cabling, operating systems, and infrastructure in all locations including our primary and secondary datacenters and remote terminal locations. The IT Systems / Network Administrator is expected to remain contemporary on the advancements in telecommunications and networking technology, and possesses strong technical knowledge and experience in routers, bridges, IP addressing, switches, hubs, other network devices, protocols, diagnostic tools and all existing network architectures. In addition, strong analytical and problem-solving skills are critical to troubleshooting networking issues and analysis of system and network performance. This role is responsible for delivering high quality, cost-effective solutions to all levels of users and is responsible for supporting the business goals and objectives of the Enterprise.
- Support and maintain the network infrastructure, enabling efficient servers and network application operation in a virtualized and SaaS environment.
- Administer networking infrastructure: Switches (Adtran, Cisco), Routers (Cisco, Juniper), Firewalls (Palo Alto, Sonicwall), Wi-Fi AP and Cradlepoint MiFi devices (remote site).
- Maintain and support the organizations extensive S2S VPN using GlobalProtect.
- Provide support for Audio/Video conferencing environments: Lifesize, Skype.
- Administer and support the organizations VoIP system: AllWorx.
- Provide support for networking functions for our Storage and VMWare environments.
- Work with Windows administrator to maintain and support network systems and services, including DNS, DHCP, FTP, SSIS, SMTP.
- Oversee day-to-day security of the network, software and applications for secure business functions.
- Work with IT team and external vendors to drive the circuit cut-over / migration project.
- Review the current network design and propose a fully redundant and resilient network to support daily business operations and future growth, including DR needs.
- Conduct all implementations, conversions and upgrades within IT maintenance windows, following change management procedures.
- Advise on security best practices and maintain knowledge of security industry best practices.
- Work with IT peers to research upcoming technologies to support business needs and growth, and present recommendations the management.
- Work with the VP of IT to diligently review and track network related expenses and help recoup costs, as applicable.
- Create and maintain all network related configurations, design and architecture documentation.
- Be the SME and mentor to the IT team for all network related functions, provide cross-training and knowledge sharing, to empower the team be more successful.
Typical technical experience:
- 5+ Years of experience with Switches and Routers: Adtran, Cisco, Juniper, Sonicwall.
- 5+ Years of experience with VPN, LAN/WAN: IPSec, MPLS, S2S VPN, GlobalProtect.
- 5+ Years of experience with Firewalls: Palo Alto, Cisco.
- 5+ Years of experience working with ISP and Network service providers: CenturyLink, L3, ATT.
- 5+ Years of experience administering network tools: Solarwinds, PRTG, Nagios, AppManager.
- 3+ Years of experience with VoIP systems: AllWorx or similar.
- 3+ Years of experience supporting storage and virtualized environments: HPE/Nimble, IBM, VMWare.
- 3+ Years of experience supporting applications across remote sites and SaaS partners.
Minimum qualifications and skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and evaluative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of ITSM methodologies.
- Logistic or Transportation Industry Experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent of at least 5+ years of Network administration experience in an enterprise environment focused on the typical technical skills noted above.
- Networking related certification, CCNA or higher.